What's new

[Official] RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9383

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just installed on my AC56R and will monitor performance and check back if there are issues.. So far so good!

Good Morning.

Updated to 3.0.0.4.378.9383 on my two RT-AC87Us on Sunday.

Thanks Asus for continuing to work on resolving the issues with this router.

So far so good in my testing. The Battery drain issue for Android has improved but is definitely not yet resolved.

Example..
On my Galaxy S6 running Android 5.1.1 on 2.4 over 9 hours lost only 20% of battery life with 1 phone call, couple dozen texts, and light surfing.
on the 5 GHZ, over 6 hours I lost 35% with no phone calls, surfing, or texts.

How is everyone else running Android fairing with this?

Thanks again Asus.

Hi,
Could you pm me your setting file and system log? Thank u.

I would do but for the moment the setup is currently using the homehub 5 as the router and 87U as AP, I've had to setup my preferred method (87U as router) quite a few times for testing proposes which takes quite a bit of work so I might be trying again this week and see what happens.

Good Morning.

So far so good in my testing. The Battery drain issue for Android has improved but is definitely not yet resolved.

Example..
On my Galaxy S6 running Android 5.1.1 on 2.4 over 9 hours lost only 20% of battery life with 1 phone call, couple dozen texts, and light surfing.

Thanks again Asus.
On .378.XXXX builds the battery drain issue is present. I've only seen it resolved on
380.721 beta build. So you'll have to wait to see the battery drain issue fixed.

On 378.xxxx builds I was losing 28% in 8hs with the phone on idle while sleeping.
With 380.721 that loss went to just 7% in 8hs idle
(Always talking aviut 5Ghz band with an S6 5.1.1)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

For me on FW 378.9383 battery drain by about 7h is 10% on my Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android 5.1.1

DUAL WAN with enable Watch Dog now seems that work ok. VERY GOOD JOB ASUS

Wysłane z mojego SM-G920F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Yeahp... Dual WAN watchdog works excellent.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Good Morning.

Example..

Thanks again Asus.

Since updating my AC56R to 9383 with my Galaxy S3 on the 5 gHz band where I work from home, my battery is at 57% after about 26 hrs since updating. This seems pretty stable and normal since I'm not a power user. I did notice more battery drain with the previous build however.

this topic is for 87U not for 56R

my 5 gHz keep slowing down even though i scheduled reboot router everyday! and i keep all factory setting. please advice!

ps: i am on latest firmware! 9383

But what issue?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G920F przy użyciu Tapatalka

ASUS maybe good option is add feature to show in column INTERFACE or TX and RX speed cabel connection ( example 10Mb, 100Mb and 1Gb) to user know what speed is negotiation on his clients. Speed for wifi is OK. We need for cable LAN

speed.jpg

ASUS_ASUSWRT how i can support Asus with translation ?I want support...
Maybe we can create other thread to Support Translation.
I can add translation to file from source example PL.dict but some strings must be also add to other source code. Good option is creation account on web transifex and there users can supports translation for all languages in ASUSWRT. Is any chance on it ? Language English is ok but other language has more lost translation and bad translation.

Last edited:
Aug 1 09:00:21 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: Failed to enable MSI-X
Aug 1 09:00:21 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: failed to allocate MSI entry

what this log????

Aug 1 09:00:21 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: Failed to enable MSI-X
Aug 1 09:00:21 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: failed to allocate MSI entry

what this log????

This is normal. The Linux driver supports multiple types of hardware, it's just trying different configurations to find one that matches the hardware it runs on.

Has anyone had any trouble getting onto the download master page? For me it just loads for a while and gives a connection refused error. I have reformatted the USB disk and reinstalled Download Master but no success. In all honestly I haven't used it since I installed on firmware .9177 when I last downloaded a...er... "Linux Distribution".

Also, Zoomee from Ghostworks by any chance?

ASUS maybe good option is add feature to show in column INTERFACE or TX and RX speed cabel connection ( example 10Mb, 100Mb and 1Gb) to user know what speed is negotiation on his clients. Speed for wifi is OK. We need for cable LAN

View attachment 5052
Ok, I'll open a thread for transaltion. Will forward your translation to our translation team. Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!