What's new

One RT-AX86U replaced my whole mesh network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ChrisF60526

Occasional Visitor
Pretty impressed with the RT-AX86U. It replaced (2) RT-AC68U's and an RP55 all in mesh mode. The range is impressive and I am not having the 5ghZ drops that I was having before. The 68U;s served me well for a long time but you can really tell how much routers have come in the last 7 years.

If you are on the fence, it's worth the money so far IMO.

Pretty impressed with the RT-AX86U. It replaced (2) RT-AC68U's and an RP55 all in mesh mode. The range is impressive and I am not having the 5ghZ drops that I was having before. The 68U;s served me well for a long time but you can really tell how much routers have come in the last 7 years.

And the new Asus firmware has DoT and DNS Filter!

Thank you for posting about your experience with the AX86U. This has been my experience as well which is why I have been expressing enthusiasm for this router since I bought it last year. It also happens to be the most reliable router I have ever owned.

Thank you for posting about your experience with the AX86U. This has been my experience as well which is why I have been expressing enthusiasm for this router since I bought it last year. It also happens to be the most reliable router I have ever owned.

Sure thing. I appreciate all the positive reviews on this forum. Kinda have a soft spot for Asus routers over the years and this model is really good. Great range, fast, doesn't fall over on my desk (more stable footprint). The RT-68U's that it replaced were great but I noticed a lot of 5ghz drops lately.

I have to approve it too. The AX86U is hell of a router for that price. It works almost flawless for me and when I read the different issues some have with that router I ask myself why are they having so much trouble with it? Upload speed issues, wifi drops etc. etc. a lot of things which I never encountered since the first day. The only thing which bugged me was the weird cron but that's deeper software developement fail of ASUS :D

I can recommend the router! Great choice you picked. With you I mean all of you guys hehe

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!