What's new

Only uploading on Asus vpn setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Steveieg

New Around Here
Hi has anyone ever had this or know of a workaround I'm using Asus router with 384.13 firmware and I'm finding the open vpns I've setup are only using upload and not upload and download so basicly when I stream or speed test the upload bar goes up and the download bar does absolutely nothing.

It was working fine before so I'm wandering is it the firmware

Thanks in advance of any help

OK thanks for the reply but It doesn't seem to be as I'm getting constant buffering
That's nothing to do with the misreporting of the statistics. It's more likely to be because you're being limited by the speed of your router's CPU. Check what the CPU load is in the GUI.

EDIT: Are you talking about the router's VPN server or VPN client?

Last edited:
VPN client. On testing it now it seems OK I'll post back if it changes thanks I think I was leaking dns would this cause buffer I know buffer is caused by all sorts.

... I think I was leaking dns would this cause buffer I know buffer is caused by all sorts.
It's possible. Some streaming services use your DNS for geo-location so they can send the traffic through the fastest route. If the DNS server you were using was a long way away from the VPN exit point that could make it choose a slow route instead.

What model router do you have?

It's possible. Some streaming services use your DNS for geo-location so they can send the traffic through the fastest route. If the DNS server you were using was a long way away from the VPN exit point that could make it choose a slow route instead.

What model router do you have?
RT ac3200