What's new

Open source two-factor auth?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vnangia

I occasionally check into the home network from work, mainly to grab a file that I've left on one of the home computers, or remotely fix a problem. The company has recently suffered a breach of security on its own network, though, and while I'm 99% sure my computer was not one of those attacked, I can't be 100% sure that there is not a keylogger now installed. In fact, it's possible the corp itself has installed one now to make sure that no activity is remiss.

That makes me hesitant to type a password, but I'm not one to keep saved passwords on a stick. That leaves two-factor authentication to initiate the VPN connection. Problem is, while OpenVPN is a great VPN, it doesn't seem to support two-factor of any kind. I'm loathe to spend vast sums of money, though, which leaves me with few options: don't login from work, keep typing my password, save my password, or get a dongle/Java application for the phone, and I'd really like to do the last of these.

Any one else have a small personal two-factor setup?

Last edited: