1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

OpenVPN client "Policy Rules (Strict)" Issue

Discussion in 'VPN' started by sl4fko, Feb 26, 2020.

1. sl4fko

sl4fko Occasional Visitor

Hi.

I configured NordVPN OpenVPN client on my AC86U (Merlin 384.15) and it works just fine. However, since Netflix does not work on my Fire TV with VPN, I somehow have to exclude it from connecting to VPN.

My settings are as shown on screenshots in pasted links!

As soon as I turn on the "Force Internet traffic through tunnel" setting to "Policy Rules", my ISP IP is visible on ipleak.net, so VPN is not working...

Further more, I installed all options of x3mRouting in Putty and ran:

sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/load_DNSMASQ_ipset_iface.sh 0 NETFLIX netflix.com,nflxext.com,nflximg.net,nflxso.net,nflxvideo.net

Netflix does work after enabling Policy Rules but I think because VPN doesn't (visible ISP IP!!!) and not because of the script...

Hopefully it makes sense, what I wrote... :D

Thanks for your help!

VPN working

Policy rules (IP leak!)

2. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Make sure you do add rules, because the default is to NOT redirect any traffic. Only traffic covered by rules will be.