What's new

OpenVPN client "Policy Rules (Strict)" Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sl4fko

Regular Contributor
Hi.

I configured NordVPN OpenVPN client on my AC86U (Merlin 384.15) and it works just fine. However, since Netflix does not work on my Fire TV with VPN, I somehow have to exclude it from connecting to VPN.

My settings are as shown on screenshots in pasted links!

As soon as I turn on the "Force Internet traffic through tunnel" setting to "Policy Rules", my ISP IP is visible on ipleak.net, so VPN is not working...

Further more, I installed all options of x3mRouting in Putty and ran:

sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/load_DNSMASQ_ipset_iface.sh 0 NETFLIX netflix.com,nflxext.com,nflximg.net,nflxso.net,nflxvideo.net

Netflix does work after enabling Policy Rules but I think because VPN doesn't (visible ISP IP!!!) and not because of the script...

Hopefully it makes sense, what I wrote... :D

Thanks for your help!

VPN working

Policy rules (IP leak!)

As soon as I turn on the "Force Internet traffic through tunnel" setting to "Policy Rules", my ISP IP is visible on ipleak.net, so VPN is not working...

Make sure you do add rules, because the default is to NOT redirect any traffic. Only traffic covered by rules will be.