What's new

OpenVPN Client will use VPN to access...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pkcouch

New Around Here
Hello,

I have RT-AX3000 w/Merlin 388.2_2. Would anybody know the behavior of the "Client will use VPN to access LAN only/Internet only/Both" option? I setup 2 servers (both/LAN only) and exported the *.ovpn configuration files and can't tell any difference between the two (except for the port number).

Scenario: Would like to have a remote client fully tunnel through the VPN (access to internet and local LAN tunneling through RT-AX3000, No Split Tunnel). Also for another remote client, would like for it to access its local network and internet from its remote network, with access to the LAN behind the RT-AX3000 (Split Tunnel).

redirect-gateway is the parameter I am familiar with, but I didn't see this in my exported configuation files.

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

I have RT-AX3000 w/Merlin 388.2_2. Would anybody know the behavior of the "Client will use VPN to access LAN only/Internet only/Both" option? I setup 2 servers (both/LAN only) and exported the *.ovpn configuration files and can't tell any difference between the two (except for the port number).

Scenario: Would like to have a remote client fully tunnel through the VPN (access to internet and local LAN tunneling through RT-AX3000, No Split Tunnel). Also for another remote client, would like for it to access its local network and internet from its remote network, with access to the LAN behind the RT-AX3000 (Split Tunnel).

redirect-gateway is the parameter I am familiar with, but I didn't see this in my exported configuation files.

Thanks for your help!
Probably too old for search, and probably too long, but your answer is in here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/vpn-instructions-for-a-newbie.59478/#post-523302

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!