What's new

Solved OpenVPN for Android suddenly gives error on weak hash

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GSpock

Hi all,
Android app cannot connect anymore (see attached). I have just regenrated the openvpn file from GUI and re-imported on the android phone, but no success ...
Any idea ??

N.B. other android app (open vpn connect) works ok !?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220510-120251_OpenVPN for Android.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-120251_OpenVPN for Android.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 131

Bottomline, it's likely due to a regression that was fixed in 386.4 and above. I assume you're using something older.

Bottomline, it's likely due to a regression that was fixed in 386.4 and above. I assume you're using something older.
No, I am using 386.5_2 :oops: .... on my RT-AX86U router !

No, I am using 386.5_2 :oops: .... on my RT-AX86U router !

Did you perhaps use the old certs prior to 386.4 when you upgraded?

IOW, to get around the problem, you have to regenerate the server files using 386.4 or later, then regenerate the client config file.

Last edited:

IOW, to get around the problem, you have to regenerate the server files using 386.4 or later, then regenerate the client config file.
Thanks for your answer; I am not sure I understand what you mean ...
I have created the OpenVPN Server via the GUI and then exported the ovpn file to my smartphone/tablet (and if the question is did I do that prior to 386.5_2, the answer is yes but do not remember with what firmware version it was) ; I have regenerated the ovpn file yesterday but same thing.
I will try to reset the OpenVPN Server from the GUI and start the creation process again, as you suggest
Thx,
GS

Indeed, regenerating the server files & client config in 386.5_2 solved the issue.
Thanks !
GS