What's new

OpenVPN RT-AC68U Surfshark 384.19 Not Work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lionel147

New Around Here
Hello,
On my RT-AC68U Router since upgrading to version 384.19 it is impossible for me to run OpenVPN Surfshark. The connection is made at the level of the router but the peripherals do not have access to the Internet. I have no connection error on the router side. The same configuration in version 384.17 on my router works perfectly.
Have any of you encountered this problem?
Thx

Please post the OpenVPN client log. You can sometimes have what appear to be no errors, when in fact something is mismatched. For example, mismatched compression settings will generate no obvious errors, but once connected, neither side can communicate because each is effectively speaking a different language. Or you may fail to NAT the tunnel. Again, technically not an error as far as OpenVPN is concerned, but under such circumstances, only the router itself will be able to communicate across the VPN, but not the clients behind it.

Following a connection attempt, it's typically going to be within about the last 50 lines or so of the syslog (System Log->General Log).

To limit the output specifically to the VPN, use the shell (ssh) and issue the following command.

Code:
cat /tmp/syslog.log | grep ovpn-client

After several searches my problem seems to be solved. I explain, I first went through version 384.17, I installed my OpenVPN clients and I made a manual update to version 384.19 and my clients connect well on the different devices that I have defined in the OpenVPN client rules

Thx eibgrad for your help and information. I still think that I will try to do a clean installation of my router and try to understand where the problem comes from.
Sorry for my english !