What's new

OpenVPN server issue. Can connect and ping, but not access web server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Morac

I'm having an issue with the OpenVPN server that I can't quite figure out. I'm connecting from my iPhone and the phone connections just fine and I can ping ip addresses on my LAN, but if I try to access web sites of any LAN devices (including the router), it just times out. I'm fairly certain this used to work, though I can't remember the last time I tried it.

Any idea what's going on here?

I'm having an issue with the OpenVPN server that I can't quite figure out. I'm connecting from my iPhone and the phone connections just fine and I can ping ip addresses on my LAN, but if I try to access web sites of any LAN devices (including the router), it just times out. I'm fairly certain this used to work, though I can't remember the last time I tried it.

Any idea what's going on here?
How do you have the iphones OVPN app configured to handle DNS. It sounds like you can't resolve local names.

How do you have the iphones OVPN app configured to handle DNS. It sounds like you can't resolve local names.

It shouldn't matter since I'm using the ip address of the LAN devices.

For example going to http:/192.168.1.1 simply times out, but pinging 192.168.1.1 responds.