What's new

OpenVPN server issue when using TCP on port 443

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is it possible to make two (TCP/UDP) instances to work with TAP, not TUN?
I haven't tried it, but I think you can have a TAP connection on one server with TCP, and the second server set up with TAP and UDP. I can't think why you would want to.

Maybe you should start a new thread. Oh, wait.

Is it possible to make two (TCP/UDP) instances to work with TAP, not TUN?

Yes, definitely! My configuration is exactly the same since 2013 :) One TCP instance on TCP port 443 and one UDP instance on UDP port 443. Both are TAP.

pixelserv-tls is used when running Diversion. Pixelserv-tls also uses Port 443, and that’s where you get a conflIct unless you follow elorimer’s advice. So in my custom config box I have:

local martinr.asuscomm.com

#this config allows port 443 to listen externally for OpenVPN connections without interfering with pixelser-tls listening internally on port 443

Note: DDNS name changed to protect the innocent, and I’m no longer using asuscomm.com. Also the # comments out the explanation so that I don’t delete that “local” command through ignorance in a year’s time when my (human) memory’s gone a bit rusty.

This was really helpful. My TCP VPN server is up and running now!