What's new

OpenVPN Server (TUN) problems with LAN Client <--> Client // AC-68U (384.19)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kamikaze01

Regular Contributor
Hello dear friends of the network :)

I have a question that has certainly been asked many times.
On the Internet and here in the forum, I haven't found a simple solution that helps me :-(
Please don't kill me if the topic has come up before.

I have an OpenVPN server with TUN protocol running on my AC-68U (384.19). It works as it should and I can connect to my Android phone immediately.

The problem, however, is that I can only get to the GUI from my router. I can only reach 192.168.1.1 without any problems.
My NAS with the 192.168.1.6 is no longer accessible :(
I activated the setting "allow client <--> client".

Do I have to enter a routing somewhere? How do I do that?
In principle my VPN client has to come into the same subnet somehow, right? Unfortunately I cannot use the TAB protocol with Android because it is not supported.

The problem has certainly been discussed very often and I really tried to solve it, but couldn't find any direct solutions :(

Attached is a screenshot of my current settings.

Thanks in advance :)

best regards

Unbenannt.jpg

ARGH !!!!
Facepalm !! Pls DO kill me...

I had a VPN client running simultaneously.
And my NAS was included here.

After I run the NAS over the WAN, I can easily access it via VPN.

I'm sorry for my stupidity - I totally forgot about the VPN client.

FYI. The "allow client-to-client" option is only for the purposes of allowing OpenVPN clients (of which there could be more than one) of any given OpenVPN server to communicate w/ each other. IOW, the OpenVPN server can be used as a gateway between all your OpenVPN clients. It has no bearing on the problem you described (and apparently solved).

Oh.. okay :)
I have misunderstood that.
So I learned something new - thank u very much sir :)