What's new

News OpenWRT 21.02.0 Stable Release

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
Code:
  _______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
 -----------------------------------------------------
 OpenWrt 21.02.0, r16279-5cc0535800

The OpenWrt community is proud to announce the first stable release of the OpenWrt 21.02 stable version series. It incorporates over 5800 commits since branching the previous OpenWrt 19.07 release and has been under development for about one and a half year.

Been a few years since I tried it last.
Decided to install it on my Archer C7, as although I only use it as an AP, it's not had a new firmware since April 2019.
A bit fiddly still, no click and forget type settings that does everything for you... :p
That said, it seems to be working fine now, I just rushed things a bit too much the first time I tried to set it up and had to reset the router and slow myself down a bit.
The UI is about as bland as bland can be, but it's a lot cleaner than the older versions at least.

Perhaps the wrong place to ask, but are we getting anywhere close to a stable release for a RasPi4?

Perhaps the wrong place to ask, but are we getting anywhere close to a stable release for a RasPi4?
Yes, I installed 21.02.0 last night. Working well after installing irqbalance, sqm-scripts, tcpdump, etc. Was easily able to shape 440 Mbit down with CAKE.
1631818596795.png

Last edited:
Yes, I installed 21.02.0 last night. Working well after installing irqbalance, sqm-scripts, tcpdump, etc. Was easily able to shape 440 Mbit down with CAKE.

Perfect. Thanks @dave14305

I am a bit leery about the current Asus-Merlin GPL issue, so looking at OpenWRT to a Managed Switch to an access point. Just need to make sure a two SSID networks (normal and guest) can be set up via vlans.

That, and I need a winter project to keep me occupied.

After switching to Merlin, one thing is for sure, I will never go back to a standard SOHO router (Diversion, VNSTAT, custom dnsmasq for zone forwarding for Samba AD), etc.

@Jeffrey Young Open-WRT is great.

Here is a link to the VLAN page and the user forum.

The Table of Hardware will help you figure out what works and what does not and help you find the info for your device that is relevant to getting it up and running.

Here is the list of Raspberry devices to get you pointing in the right direction

FWIW here is a link to the old forum

See this regarding creating a Guest LAN on a Dumb AP

Finaly, to make life easy, you really should learn how to build your own configs. It's my "winter project"

@Jeffrey Young Open-WRT is great.

Here is a link to the VLAN page and the user forum.

The Table of Hardware will help you figure out what works and what does not and help you find the info for your device that is relevant to getting it up and running.

Here is the list of Raspberry devices to get you pointing in the right direction

FWIW here is a link to the old forum

See this regarding creating a Guest LAN on a Dumb AP

Finaly, to make life easy, you really should learn how to build your own configs. It's my "winter project"

Thanks @RangerZ for the info. Will be helpful.