What's new

Operating Channel

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cmcgrath5035

New Around Here
I have 378.50 running on my RT-N66U.
At the moment I am in setup mode, the router configured as an AP

Is there any way , via GUI or CLI , what Channels the "Auto" setting has chosen for operation at 2.4G and 5G bands?

I have 378.50 running on my RT-N66U.
At the moment I am in setup mode, the router configured as an AP

Is there any way , via GUI or CLI , what Channels the "Auto" setting has chosen for operation at 2.4G and 5G bands?

The channels are reported on the Wireless Log page.

Or simply hover on the Wireless icon in the gui. ;)

Or simply hover on the Wireless icon in the gui. ;)

Really? I'm missing something here.... how do I get the channel to pop up? When I hover over it, it just says "Good/Strong etc.." no channel.

algpwz.jpg

Click on the MAC address.... and the green icon in the title bar

I learned something too! Thank you Martineau.

What I was meaning though is near the top right hand side of the gui. The Wireless icon shows that info too.

And the channels it has selected are the same for all clients at that time.

Thanks for the pic....I saw the commit and wondered what the new format looked like.

Wow, I had no idea how informative this question would be for seasoned veterans :) You are welcome

So here is a related question - What does setting a Channel to "Auto" mean?
I assumed that the router would look around for potential interference and attempt to pick clear space.
Nope, at least not here.
I already have two RT-N16's (dd-wrt) in the house, set to Auto and both using channel 6.
When I brought up the new RT-N66U for play and test, I set it as an AP and set 2.4, 5G and Guest to Auto.
When I looked with WiViz, everone was using Channel 6 in the 2.4G band!

Thanks Merlin, Wireless Log works for me, but I do look forward to your new GUI.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!