What's new

Orbi Outdoor Wifi Extender 5Ghz issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ComputerSteve

I am using an Orbi Outdoor Mesh Extender with my Asus mesh network. The issue is the 5ghz keeps connecting but dropping between 700mbps & 48mpbs. Is there a setting that could be causing this.. Its every time I reload the page its either 48mbps or higher like it should be.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 5.29.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 5.29.37 PM.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 5.28.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 5.28.50 PM.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 114
I am using an Orbi Outdoor Mesh Extender with my Asus mesh network. The issue is the 5ghz keeps connecting but dropping between 700mbps & 48mpbs. Is there a setting that could be causing this.. Its every time I reload the page its either 48mbps or higher like it should be.

Maybe the Extender connection is fluttering back and forth between a strong 5.0 node signal and a not so strong 5.0 node signal. Could try moving it about or raising (less negative) the AiMesh 5.0 Roaming Assistant RSSI threshold. Maybe.

I wonder what the router channel advice in your pic means.

RBS50Y spec: Works with your existing router to extend coverage outside by up to 2,500 sq. ft. For $350 I hope you get more range out of it than that.

OE

Last edited:
Maybe the Extender connection is fluttering back and forth between a strong 5.0 node signal and a not so strong 5.0 node signal. Could try moving it about or raising (less negative) the AiMesh 5.0 Roaming Assistant RSSI threshold. Maybe.

I wonder what the router channel advice in your pic means.

RBS50Y spec: Works with your existing router to extend coverage outside by up to 2,500 sq. ft. For $350 I hope you get more range out of it than that.

OE
I don’t think it’s that. However, I have tried to move a node right next to the Orbi extender on the opposite wall on the inside of my house.