What's new

Orbi Questions and Configuration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Adamwifi

New Around Here
Hey all, I hope everyone is doing well. I just had a couple questions regarding the Orbi (rbk50). I decided to go with this system because unfortunately my current home restricts my router to the corner of the house which results in significant wifi dropoff. From what I have read on the forums it seems like the Orbi is a common recommendation for my situation. I was just wondering if there is a guide to optimal Orbi placement and if there are any router settings I should change while configuring my network. I have the Comcast gigabit plan and a Motorolla MB8600 modem. I currently have the Netgear X4S router and plan on comparing wifi performance around the house when the Orbi arrives tomorrow.

Thank you for the help!

I have the Orbi (RBK20, RBS20). I use it as an Access Point, connected into and EdgeRouter 4.
What I did was, ultimately, use MOCA and build a Coax line to the various locations in the house, and then set the Orbi up to use a wired backhaul. I have retired my X4s router as a result. The Mesh Orbi as an Access Point (wired) is extremely effective. in WiFi mode, the speed was ok, but wired is always better.

I also run in 50% power mode.

I have the Orbi (RBK20, RBS20). I use it as an Access Point, connected into and EdgeRouter 4.
What I did was, ultimately, use MOCA and build a Coax line to the various locations in the house, and then set the Orbi up to use a wired backhaul. I have retired my X4s router as a result. The Mesh Orbi as an Access Point (wired) is extremely effective. in WiFi mode, the speed was ok, but wired is always better.

I also run in 50% power mode.
thank you!