What's new

Solved Ordered a couple of TP-Link EAP245v3's

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Smokin_Joe

Regular Contributor
Tech9 had recommended a EAP245v3 in another thread..
I have found TP-Link to be fairly reliable and economical.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07NMZR3F1/?tag=smallncom-20
The instructions seem understandable...lol
I have poe adapters from other TP-link AP's that, I would like to use on this access point.
Am I wrong?
If there is anything else I should be aware of, concerning this choice, please let me know.
I plan on using this with a TL-ER6020 router and a DGS-3200-10 managed switch.
The poe adapter is used post switch so the DGS-3200-10 isn't required to be poe capable.
Thank You

I have poe adapters from other TP-link AP's that, I would like to use on this access point.

EAP245v3 comes with PoE adapter included.

1686425016458.png

Am I wrong?

Yes. :)

Thanks
I couldn't find that it was included..
I see that you are linking to a 5 pack
I didn't see it on a single ap..
But I will give it another look..
Found it!:)

Last edited:
This AP was recommended to you as a single under CAD100 dual-band unit replacement of your multiple ancient Wi-Fi 4 single-band routers used as APs. It has PoE injector included for extra savings. Native VLANs support (in case you want to use this approach) is available. It's a good quality Qualcomm based device with up to 200 clients support depending on environment, activity and throughput requirements. With common 2-stream N/AC clients you can expect up to 90Mbps throughput on 2.4GHz and up to 550Mbps throughput on 5GHz. It has stand-alone mode with own Web UI and also can be configured using Omada App. If not good enough for you - look for other options. There are plenty of AP options available.

I'm sure AP options with Wi-Fi 6 4x4 160MHz and Wi-Fi 6E radios will follow. You deal with the offers explaining what you need an AP for.

Last edited:
This AP was recommended to you as a single under CAD100 dual-band unit replacement of your multiple ancient Wi-Fi 4 single-band routers used as APs. It has PoE injector included for extra savings. Native VLANs support (in case you want to use this approach) is available. It's a good quality Qualcomm based device with up to 200 clients support depending on environment, activity and throughput requirements. With common 2-stream N/AC clients you can expect up to 90Mbps throughput on 2.4GHz and up to 550Mbps throughput on 5GHz. It has stand-alone mode with own Web UI and also can be configured using Omada App. If not good enough for you - look for other options. There plenty AP options available.

I'm sure AP options with Wi-Fi 6 4x4 160MHz and Wi-Fi 6E radios will follow. You deal with the offers explaining what you need an AP for.
HuH...
You mad at me?
I try not to take things out of context...
My tech friend said he was really impressed with you recommending adding multiple ap's, in the other thread, and I took it to mean you were joking..
I hesitate to use my catch phrases here because, unlike me, others like to use them to create issues..
Still looking forward to sitting down and enjoying a beer with you...
If the offer still stands... :cool:

Just ordered 2...one for each house

Last edited:
Tech9 as I reread your statement above, the apparent errors concerning my current setup and I quote "4 single band routers used as AP's" isn't an error if you are referring to when I first created this network with consumer level Dlink routers (dhcp disabled and no poe ) stacked on top of one another, with antenna's in all directions..?:D
image005.jpg

That is referring back to when I first set this network up...
That was a very long time ago..I hesitate to say when..but
I also had a computer that was a PVR (which I built) sometime around 2010?..maybe
This network started before that..maybe 2005
Are you somehow psyhic or did I actually post about my Dlink routers?
Or is it a typo that you made and somehow was historically true?...lol

PS...
It is an error if you are referring to the current ap's I have been using...
They are not called routers (although they can use Smart DHCP) but refered to as AP's for a reason.
They are multi use ap's..

Last edited:
I would think the Cisco 150 ax wireless APs would be a sounder buy as you will receive better software support for them from Cisco for the life of the product. And Cisco 150 az wireless APs are fairly cheap at $102 each.
I am in the process of using 3 of them in my house.

I don't care for TP-Link. I will not buy any of there products. I bought one once and then I figured out their software support was not very good which turned me off to TPLink products.

I would think the Cisco 150 ax wireless APs would be a sounder buy as you will receive better software support for them from Cisco for the life of the product. And Cisco 150 az wireless APs are fairly cheap at $102 each.
I am in the process of using 3 of them in my house.

I don't care for TP-Link. I will not buy any of there products. I one bought once and then I figured out their software support was not very good which turned me off to TPLink products.
Thank you coxhaus
Already ordered a couple of Tp-Links
I learned of their products by saving $50+ when I bought a modem for $18 around 2005.
Others wanted $100+
I bought 2 and the first one never died...
Maybe I will include Cisco in my shopping in the future...
Often I find business equipment too complex to use properly..
The 2 DGS-3200-10's are an example of that.
I will never buy another consumer level Dlink product and I don't think I need the complexity of the Enterprise level.
Updates make them more difficult than necessary...Java runtime no longer operates on the DGS-3200's.

Last edited:
You will probably get another chance soon as TP-Link will want to sell you a new version of hardware so they don't have to support the software on the old hardware.

HuH...
You mad at me?

It's getting harder and harder for me to understand your posts. Just do whatever you want and good luck. Better get this tech friend of yours and ask them for help... if you need any help. Sorry to bother you. I don't need your reply with another story. Thank you.

Sigh...
It's getting harder and harder for me to understand your posts. Just do whatever you want and good luck. Better get this tech friend of yours and ask them for help... if you need any help. Sorry to bother you. I don't need your reply with another story. Thank you.

:confused:

Must be a spell from the witchcraft

Must be a spell from the witchcraft
No ...that would be a witchcraft update...
Takes a perfectly good working system and f's it up...
So maybe your right, just need to adjust the wording!
:p
It isn't his fault...I rarely ask for help..so I am unskilled at doing it..
Right or wrong I usually find whatever works

20210423_102005.jpg
20210423_113242.jpg

20210423_144225.jpg

Last edited:
Tech9 had recommended a EAP245v3 in another thread..
I have found TP-Link to be fairly reliable and economical.

Enough - you've found a solution...

Why do you persist in creating chaos and wasting addtional time?

Enough - you've found a solution...

Why do you persist in creating chaos and wasting addtional time?
Cause I am not mean..
Here let me make it easier for you...
Welcome to my penalty box.
I asked you not to be one of my supporters
Isn't that enough?
If you have a problem with me it is your problem not mine...
Learn to ignore...and enjoy life more

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!