What's new

OT - surviving pandemic from personal experience (no trolling, PLEASE)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@heysoundude I understand people need to rant and blow off steam. God knows I have done enough yelling at the TV during the past four years. There are many things that upset me about what is going on in the world. The way I deal with it is to occasionally blow off steam with trusted friends ITRW and try to be a positive force in the world.

There are plenty of other places on the web for that. So take those discussions there.

This discussion started as a way to exchange information and check in on each other. Let's keep it that way.

The way I deal with it is to occasionally blow off steam with trusted friends and try to be a positive force in the world.

There are plenty of other places on the web for that. So take those discussions there.

This discussion started as a way to exchange information and check in on each other. Let's keep it that way.
That’s exactly what some members are doing, speaking with their trusted friends here, checking in, sharing information. But it’s your forum, so I’ll keep your peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes please, and thank you thiggins.

Again the thread subject, thanks everyone for understanding!
OT - surviving pandemic from personal experience

Last edited:
I'm afraid I opened the door on this one. I decided to amend my original post to reduce the chance of political discussions spreading into the community, after I brought it in. Since there is no known vaccine yet to prevent political discussions from becoming feverish, I prefer to practice safe distancing from the topic.

AP News just ran a story about a tiger at Bronx Zoo testing positive. There is no proof the virus is zoonotic, cross-species transmission of viruses is not common, but it isn't unheard of either. Biological polymorphic malware? :)

Completely off-topic, but - life is sometimes defined as being able to change, adapt and evolve, and the ability to reproduce. Is self replicating malware alive? If so, could it be protected by endangered species laws? Could Eset and Avast be considered WMDs, and running them a war crime?

No, but thinking about that just now stopped me from seeing red when I thought of orange.

I came down with "cold symptoms" about 10 days ago. I had a slight fever that lasted about 2 days and a burning in my lungs for about 4-5 days. I called the doctor and he directed me to go get tested at a drive-through testing site. As of today I haven't received any results yet and now I'm totally fine, but I'm still in the basement in self quarantine until I'll get the results. Don't want to infect anyone else in the family.
Finally got my test back which took 12 days. It was negative! My luck that I got a cold during the largest pandemic in the last 100 years.

@Mutzli, so glad to hear the positive results for you! :)

@Mutzli, so glad to hear the positive results for you! :)

Actually, if I had been sick and then I had fully recovered, I would personally prefer to learn it was Covid-19. Because that would mean that I at least gained some immunity during that ordeal.

The premier of Ontario promised to punish all price gouging, but it doesn't stop Chinese stores around to offer simple questionable quality disposable face masks for $45-65 for a pack of 50. Those thin white/blue ones, the cheapest possible. Amazon pre-COVID price for similar products was below $10/pack. The stores are even bold enough to advertise availability in local flyers, but with no price.

Actually, if I had been sick and then I had fully recovered, I would personally prefer to learn it was Covid-19. Because that would mean that I at least gained some immunity during that ordeal.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. I would have liked to get through this as easy as it was getting over this cold to gain immunity from COVID19.

The premier of Ontario promised to punish all price gouging, but it doesn't stop Chinese stores around to offer simple questionable quality disposable face masks for $45-65 for a pack of 50. Those thin white/blue ones, the cheapest possible. Amazon pre-COVID price for similar products was below $10/pack. The stores are even bold enough to advertise availability in local flyers, but with no price.

I read today that in Spain they caught someone who had stolen like 2 million masks, and was trying to resell them to Portugal customers.

These crisis can bring out both the best and the worst out of mankind. Today, someone was charged with misdemeanour after his friend filmed him coughing on the POS terminal a sales clerk had handed to him. This is as retarded as making a bomb threat joke at an airport.

Funny thing is the banks suggest wearing a mask. In normal times if you walk in with a mask someone may call the police. :)

This one is perfect for visiting a local branch, for example (especially after hours):

AC_SL1024_.jpg

Available at Amazon, if someone is interested...

Last edited:
These crisis can bring out both the best and the worst out of mankind.

I really think the most lasting effect of this whole thing will be on the way that we see certain groups. Governments and many businesses will be judged based upon how they acted during this crisis. The selfish, greedy and irresponsible will not be treated kindly by history.

I really think the most lasting effect of this whole thing will be on the way that we see certain groups. Governments and many businesses will be judged based upon how they acted during this crisis. The selfish, greedy and irresponsible will not be treated kindly by history.

Me, I will remember the excellence, how a few countries/states and individuals performed extremely well, but I will forget the everyday behaviors of people behaving poorly because we see this all the time... adults behaving poorly is promoted in the US... it dominates the news and entertainment media and more recently, public/political discourse. So, I've learned to ignore it as it adds no value to my life. Dwelling on it does not make it go away.... its human nature without civil boundaries.

What does concern me is those who promote it... those who support and vote for adults behaving badly. This pandemic may not change this.

OE

Sadly, I agree, please just close it now, so few post on "surviving the pandemic from personal experience".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!