What's new

Overclock to stick after reboot?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hackintoshsr

Regular Contributor
I was wondering what settings I need to do on my AC5300 to keep the overclock settings to stick?

I telnet command the following:
nvram set clkfreq=1600,800
nvram commit

Then when I reboot no matter what it goes back to 1400,800. Any suggestions to get it to stick?

Thanks

It will stick when the specific hardware you have supports the settings. Does a lower value stick?

I was wondering what settings I need to do on my AC5300 to keep the overclock settings to stick?

Then when I reboot no matter what it goes back to 1400,800. Any suggestions to get it to stick?
Hi,

Sounds like you run the latest firmware from Asus where they enforce default settings for WLAN and (unfortunately) also OC during runtime - was before only on boot! :eek:

The solution was discussed already here: If you run Merlin's firmware fork, then user-scripts init-start and service-stop are your friends... :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

PS.: Do not allow to be fooled by the Tools / CPU Frequency value - it will be reset to default after some time, but CPU stays overclocked and can be checked via
Code:
chief@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# grep Bogo /proc/cpuinfo
BogoMIPS        : 2398.61
BogoMIPS        : 2398.61
In my case it's the correct BogoMIPS value for OC to 1200 MHz!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!