What's new

Packet Size

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bliko

Regular Contributor
Hi Tim,

I was unable to find on your site which packet size you use when testing the wan-lan and lan-wan throughput for routers.

Please could you tell me which size you use :D

Thanks.

The IxChariot throughput.scr script uses mostly 1518 Byte packets. See this for a bit more detail.

Thanks ;)

Most packets sent over the wan interface are ~300-350B ... however it can vary depending on what kind of data is being transferred. In case of 300B packets throughput may drop to about 20% of what's stated since the packet processing rate will be fixed.

I'm eyeing up the WRT610N for use in my flat at uni...I have a 100Mbps connection :D ... I normally just connect over wireless for convenience and don't download many torrents directly here. However I've just got a vds which i'm going to be using as a proxy for torrents... so I will begin downloading 'crap' directly to uni :p

I require a router because we're only allowed to connect one device (mac address)...so i need something to preform nat for me so i can connect my xbox / phone etc... At the moment my wrt54gs is killing me...i need MORE SPEEED!!!!!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!