What's new

Packet State for 2022

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@netmik3, which one? Even with RMerlin support, Asus is head and shoulders above other consumer router manufacturers.

@netmik3, which one? Even with RMerlin support, Asus is head and shoulders above other consumer router manufacturers.
I'd probably look into Ubiquiti or something. It's sad others are even worse

Mikotik is also a worthwhile ecosystem IMHO, but RMerlin's builds have kept me from learning what my CCR1009 could do, my CRS226 I'm using just as a switch, their equipment is deployed by ISP's for crying out loud. I like click and deploy, but ASUS is lol, just look at their product stack, they step on their own toes and tbh the hardware stack isn't all it could be.

Mikotik is also a worthwhile ecosystem IMHO, but RMerlin's builds have kept me from learning what my CCR1009 could do, my CRS226 I'm using just as a switch, their equipment is deployed by ISP's for crying out loud. I like click and deploy, but ASUS is lol, just look at their product stack, they step on their own toes and tbh the hardware stack isn't all it could be.
Is there an AP with 2 5g radios? I like having that

Is there an AP with 2 5g radios?

How many external antennas you want on it - 4, 6 or 8? Any red accents requirements? Any RGB lights requirements? ;)

You can actually have tri-radio business AP with up to 600 clients support, 2x 5GHz or 1x 5GHz + 1x 6GHz. You won't like the price.

Hopefully 2023 will finally see the introduction of a WiFi 7 (802.11be) router from Asus. I can't wait too see if the promised latency and connection improvements hold true in real world environments. I personally won't upgrade until sometime in 2024 and for sure not before the standard is finalized and there is a Merlin firmware available

A happy 2023 and cheers to everyone.
There it is! Just announced...

True.

I read somewhere that antennas can't be removable anymore if it has some of these bands
FCC (and possibly other regulatory bodies) requirement for devices that support 6 GHz - antennas must be fixed.

FCC (and possibly other regulatory bodies) requirement for devices that support 6 GHz - antennas must be fixed.

I actually prefer it. It was a pain screwing in these 8 antennas. I'm not upgrading to that for many years though.