What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

apologies if this has been answered in the thread but I can't search for 'hfs+'. Does the current padavan firmware offer support for hfs+ on an external hd plugged into the router's usb?

Not sure if this:
- Updated ufsd 8.6 NTFS driver (with SMB/NFS directories fix). Now allowed
transmission/aria to work on NTFS volumes. HFS+ support is broken.

from the changelog means it's broken altogether or just w/r/t transmission/aria

I have an external usb hd in hfs+ and I'd be delighted if I could use it with my current N65U after I install this firmware instead of having to upgrade to a pricier Asus offering native support

Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a good VPNservice that works properly with the OpenVPN client? A lot of them only support proper DD-WRT setups using a script which you place in WRT firmware command section. This Padavan firmware does not have the same thing(or that I can see), so you have to do it manually, but it rarely works.

Hello! I tried to edit the vsftpd.conf file from /etc but everytime I reboot the router the changes are lost. How can I save the file without losing it at every reboot? Thanks!

I have been a Padavan user for quite a while. Does anyone know what the plans are for continuation when the Google Code change happens later this month? I haven't seen anything on the welcome page of the project and a quick search of this thread didn't pull up anything obvious.

Hello I have problem with connecting rt-ac51u (padavans custom firmware) with huawei E3372s(HiLink) modem. I put 'modeprobe cdc_ether.ko' and i have
cdc_ether 1-1:1.0: weth0: register 'cdc_ether' at usb-ehci-platform-1, CDC Ethernet Device, 0c:5b:8f:27:9a:64
usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ether
and :
nvram set wan_iface=eth3
nvram set wan_ifname=eth3
nvram set wan_ifnameX=eth3
nvram set wan_ifnames=eth3
nvram commit

and:
restart_wan
but on ifconfig i don't see weth0 and ping 192.168.8.1(modem ip) don't works too
Can anyone help me ?

Does anyone know what the 'vpnlist' chain is for? (Under iptables.)

Edit: It seems to be for VPN Client functionality, not VPN Server.

Last edited:
my 1043nd retired and bought a used RT-N56U to replace it. Flashed 095 basic and hopefully Padavan is better than stock firmware.

Does anyone happen to know where the new versions of Padavan's firmware will be hosted now that Google Code is gone?

I believe it was moved to Bitbucket following the soft shutdown of Google Code.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

There is a current version of 096 and a nightly version. I flashed latest nightly and i am ejoying it to the full. Using base version. Seems asavah is an extreme lite version of the firmware.

I realised using an ftp , webserver , samba , dlna makes n56u bog down to about 5-10% performance. It was probably not meant to do these tasks better than a NAS for example. This is the main reason i started using base version.

I am hoping my next router to be a google OnHub , but it is a bit pricey for me :)