What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Please, do not flash nightly builds until next week. Padavan says there are huge changes in repo, so it's hard to keep it consistent for a while.

Only if it's based on some Mediatek SoC.

It's not. The RT-AC56S is just a single core version of the RT-AC56U, based on a bcm4708.

Seems samsung dropped N56U from its updates. Been quite a while since new firmware/sources were published.
I do have some sort of question , using latest nightly 096. The laptop's wifi card was switched from a 150 mbps one to a 300 mbps one(2x2). I connect the laptop to the wifi , disconnect all other cable/wifi devices , do a speedtest and i get a max of 167 mbps. That would translate to about 20 mb/s. Real life test with a torrent or transfer never gets over 13-14 mb/s. Could that be because of the HDD ? I did swap the 5400 rpm one to a 7200 rpm one from a more expensive laptop and i hoped to get more. The older 150 mbps wifi card could get up to 12 mb/s , but the speedtest never over 80mbps.
Considering the upgrade from 80 mbps to 167 mbps i expected to get a bit more than 2 mb/s.
As a torrent client i'm using qBittorrent as utorrent went downhill in the past years.
Transfering from an external HDD with usb 3.0 gets up to 40-50 mb/s , which makes me believe it is not the HDD's problem with the low speed.

Last edited: