What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

For what?:) It's cold like an ice, comparing to Broadcom-based devices.

There was a chance to get a finger burn while touching metal parts of Ethernet sockets on RT-N66U.

For what?:) It's cold like an ice, comparing to Broadcom-based devices.

There was a chance to get a finger burn while touching metal parts of Ethernet sockets on RT-N66U.

Ever tried to touch an USB thumbdrive connected to your WDTV Live? :)

It was so scary, I was using a short USB extension to avoid having my thumbdrive act as an heatsink for the whole WDTV.

Hi,
totally newbie here.
I am using RT N56 (official firmware) and using my PC as a Plex Media Server. It also running as a webserver via Xampp

I do not want my computer to be running all the time, so I set it to sleep within 20 minutes.
I am able to wake up my computer using a phone app from LAN and WAN. (apparently i set up a static ARP entry via this method)
As of now, I would use my phone app to wake up the computer before accessing Plex or my webserver.

However, I would want my comp to auto wake up when someone opened up plex and wanted to stream the videos in my Plex server.
I found this script here which seemed to be what I wanted, but it was for Asuswrt-merlin.

If I flash Padavan for my router, would I be able to run the script? or is there any other alternatives which I can use?

(sorry, totally newbie. I have never flash a router before)

Hi,
totally newbie here.
I am using RT N56 (official firmware) and using my PC as a Plex Media Server. It also running as a webserver via Xampp

I do not want my computer to be running all the time, so I set it to sleep within 20 minutes.
I am able to wake up my computer using a phone app from LAN and WAN. (apparently i set up a static ARP entry via this method)
As of now, I would use my phone app to wake up the computer before accessing Plex or my webserver.

However, I would want my comp to auto wake up when someone opened up plex and wanted to stream the videos in my Plex server.
I found this script here which seemed to be what I wanted, but it was for Asuswrt-merlin.

If I flash Padavan for my router, would I be able to run the script? or is there any other alternatives which I can use?

I can't help with your problem, but I serve my movies from the ASUS itself.

1. Plug in your USB drive
2. Enable SMB server
3. That's it!

I use the Infuse app to playback on my AppleTV/iPhone/iPad, and Plex on my Mac.

Hi,
totally newbie here.

Anyone?

I took the plunge awhile back and have been enjoying Padavan on my RT-N600. it seems rather stable.

One concern I have, though, is how to get the latest firmware w/ security/stability fixes, etc.

https://github.com/russinnes/RT-N600-Padavan indicates a date of ~5 months ago. Is that considered the latest? If not, where can I get it? Would the nightly link that szaby posted above apply to my router too?

I took the plunge awhile back and have been enjoying Padavan on my RT-N600. it seems rather stable.

One concern I have, though, is how to get the latest firmware w/ security/stability fixes, etc.

https://github.com/russinnes/RT-N600-Padavan indicates a date of ~5 months ago. Is that considered the latest? If not, where can I get it? Would the nightly link that szaby posted above apply to my router too?

That's not the official Padavan repo. Look here: https://bitbucket.org/padavan/rt-n56u/

However, your router isn't one of the officially supported ones. So the only options you have are to ask the person who has that github repo to build the latest source, or build that source or the official source yourself.

The "nighties" carry new timestamps, but versions are still 3.4.3.9-099. Is this intentional?
Main releases by Padavan are called "milestones". Nightly releases are done by robots, and marked by their milestone number and diff upon install, like the last one: 3.0.3.9-099_dff9a34. They incorporate all merged till that date changes. Next milestone release will hopefully be done by Padavan. There were a lot of bug fixes and component updates since last Padavan's release, though without drastic UI options changes. Pls tell us if nighties have performance or feature differences in your tests. :D

Last edited:
Is there a WebUI login timeout setting in this FW? If not - why? It seems to be a standard feature on any router or modem. Any other ways to set the timeout to 10 min?

Hello guys,

Sorry if this is being asked before, but can someone tell me, for what are ra0, eth2, eth2.1, eth2.2 ?

Correct me if I am wrong, but ra0 is the wireless, eth2 is WAN port, and eth2.1 & 2.2 are VLANs?

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
2: eth2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
link/ether f8:32:e4:96:58:00 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
3: sit0: <NOARP> mtu 1480 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT
link/sit 0.0.0.0 brd 0.0.0.0
4: ra0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast master br0 state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
5: rai0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state DOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
link/ether f8:32:e4:96:58:04 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
6: eth2.1@eth2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue master br0 state UP mode DEFAULT
vlan id 1 <REORDER_HDR>
7: eth2.2@eth2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT
vlan id 2 <REORDER_HDR>
8: rai1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
link/ether f8:32:e4:96:58:05 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
9: wdsi0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
10: wdsi1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
11: wdsi2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
12: wdsi3: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
13: apclii0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
link/ether f8:32:e4:96:58:06 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
14: br0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP mode DEFAULT
bridge
15: ra1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
link/ether f8:32:e4:96:58:01 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
16: wds0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
17: wds1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
18: wds2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
19: wds3: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
20: apcli0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 1000
link/ether f8:32:e4:96:58:02 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
21: eth2.300@eth2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP mode DEFAULT
link/ether c4:e9:84:08:c3:92 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
vlan id 300 <REORDER_HDR>
22: eth2.200@eth2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP mode DEFAULT
link/ether c4:e9:84:08:c3:92 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
vlan id 200 <REORDER_HDR>
24: ppp0: <POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST,NOARP,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1492 qdisc pfifo_fast state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT qlen 3
link/ppp

I

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to modify the TTL on this router? I'm planning on using it in repeater mode and I've been able to set it up as a repeater without any issues. I tried to input net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=65 as I had read elsewhere, but when I enter it via telnet (using PUTTY), I've been unsuccessful at seeing the results I was expecting. Thank you

I bought this router two weeks ago. The CPU1: MediaTek MT7620A (580 MHz).
The new gigabit ASUS RT-AC52U B1 (release date: 27 March 2017) is the replacement for the 100Mbit/s ASUS RT-AC51U. Nearly identical to its predecessor, except for a RTL8367RB switch. The same switch found on ASUS RT-AC53 and ASUS RT-N65U. It has Ethernet 10/100/1000 4 LAN / 1 WAN and hardware NAT acceleration, too. Unfortunately, the official firmware is quite restricted: Wireless router mode and Access point mode, only. Is it feasible to get Range extender mode and Media bridge mode, too?
I would like to know if the new gigabit ASUS RT-AC52U B1 will be suported by Padavan firmware soon.

https://www.asus.com/Networking/RT-AC52U-B1/overview/
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/ASUS_RT-AC52U_B1
http://routerchart.com/asus/asus-rt-ac52u-b1-rt-ac52ub1-351
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/List_of_Padavan_firmware_supported_devices
https://www.redeszone.net/asus/rt-ac52u-b1-ac750/

Padavan firmware is unique in its ability to perform without glitches on MEO (Portugal) ISP configurations (ASUS RT-AC51U). Please, give us support to the new gigabit ASUS RT-AC52U B1 (release date: 27 March 2017).
Regards,
YuriRM

Last edited:
Hi guys!
Im new here and are looking for some guidence.
Currently im running v. 3.4.3.9-095 and thought I might upgrade to -099. But which file should I use?
RT-N56U_3.4.3.9-099_base
or
RT-N56UB1_3.4.3.9-099_full

Is B1 for Beta 1 or something?

Any help much appriciated. My Netgear R7000 AP is acting up all weird and I need the 56U as a backup when flashing the R7000 with something new =)
Thanks in advance!