What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hey guys, im having trouble with transmission not running after a while, usually after 12 hours. im currently using 3.0.3.1-027. the same problem on 1.1.2.6-018 and 010. i only resolve the problem after reflash and fixing the drive through win 7. what should i do?

Has anyone noticed that the realtime graph doesn't seem to reflect the traffic going in and out of the router
? The history seems ok.

If the packet is offloaded then it will not be capable of being tracked by the graph.

minidlna scan

Since upgrading to 3.0.3.1-027 (with Changed USB mountpoint rule to volume LABEL), I can not get the minidlna to see my files. I have entered the path (in the first of 3 Media files source path:) as:

/media/hd8c_pvr/3_Media

according to Windows, the network address to this location is: \\Rt-n56u\hd8c_pvr\3_Media

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

First turn off minidlna. Then look for a hidden directory named ".dms" on your drive and delete that directory and all it's contents (don't worry it will all be rebuilt by minidlna)

Then check for capitalization.

Go to http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_AiDisk_samba.asp and expand the tree of your drive and see what is, or isn't, capitalized in the drive label name.

Example: I have a little USB drive connected up. I access it via my network computer by the name of: "\\rt-n56u\firefly" But in the router it is named "FireFly". So in the minidlna config it's "P,/media/FireFly" (minus the quotes, btw)

Start minidlna and sit back and wait awhile (depending on how much you are sharing). It should search and re-index and recreate the ".dms" hidden directory.

I see that in the newer versions of the firmware you have the ability to turn on/off wifi spatial streams. All devices that use wifi in my home are single stream devices(iPads, iPhones, ATVs...). Is there any reason I should leave all the spatial streams enabled even though my devices are limited to 65Mb/s?

hey guys, im having trouble with transmission not running after a while, usually after 12 hours. im currently using 3.0.3.1-027. the same problem on 1.1.2.6-018 and 010. i only resolve the problem after reflash and fixing the drive through win 7. what should i do?
sorry, now that i realized, i actually meant transmission is still running normally, but the port is closed. usually after 12 hours of downloading torrent. what did i miss? i tried using some other ports, but it wont work after a reboot. i cant keep rebooting my router every 12hours dont i? is there anything i am missing? i enabled upnp/nat-pmp.

New Asus RT-N56U/N65U custom firmware by Padavan

File: RT-N56U_3.0.3.2v-033_mini.zip (6.6 MB) Released: Dec 24, 2012

Description:

• - New WebGUI.
  • - Linux kernel 3.0.57.
  • - IPv6+IPv4 (dual stack).
  • - Mini build: included "openssh".
  • - Single RGMII with VLAN1/2 LAN/WAN isolation (raeth 3.0 from Ralink).
  • - 5GHz WiFi driver v2.6.0.x (w/o WDS yet).
  • - Included WiFi IPv6 DAD fix.
httр://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/downloads/detail?name=RT-N56U_3.0.3.2v-033_mini.zip

File: RT-N56U_3.0.3.2v-032_full.zip (7.5 MB) Released: Dec 21, 2012

Description:

• - New WebGUI.
  • - Linux kernel 3.0.56.
  • - IPv6+IPv4 (dual stack).
  • - Single RGMII with VLAN1/2 LAN/WAN isolation.
  • - Full build: included "transmission", "minidlna", "xupnpd".
  • - 5GHz WiFi driver v2.6.0.x (w/o WDS yet).
httр://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/downloads/detail?name=RT-N56U_3.0.3.2v-032_full.zip
httр://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/downloads/detail?name=RT-N56U :cool:

RTN,

Where did you get that link from? Main project page doesn't show that link nor the first 4 files?

The main Project page is at https://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/, and the DOWNLOAD links are at https://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/downloads/list with the last files posted on Nov. 27th.

You should also see and note that on the d/l page you offered up the first 4 are also listed as 'Deprecated'. A s/w term for replaced and no longer should be used. However, there is no replacement for them as of yet. Suspect they were put out for beta test (which is really the page you posted possibly, not the official public release page) and since pulled due to problems.

I'd be very careful using those files if at all.

Irv S.

Hey, its from the same padavan's pade. Just choose all downloads instead of current download. U will see the 3 firmwares.

To help clarify 3.0.3.2-033 is for beta testing only.

- IPv6+IPv4 (dual stack).
- Linux kernel 3.0.57.
- New WebGUI.
- Full build: included "transmission", "minidlna", "aria2", "firefly", "xupnpd", "openssh".
- Ethernet driver "raeth" v3.0 from Ralink (w/o ASUS hack).
- 5GHz WiFi driver v2.6.0.x (w/o WDS yet).
- Included WiFi IPv6 DAD fix.

For test purpose only.

I have now downloaded and installed this latest version 33 to test, but I will revert to plain ASUS 1.x firmware unless the following MAJOR flaw has been resolved:

Ever since I begun using the Padawan firmware, ANY game I try basically kills the internet connection for my wife's computer while I'm playing.

Im currently using version 3.0.3.1-027 an I was wondering if anyone could tell me if its possible to set the router so that only a wired connection can login and make changes to the router?

compiled

hey guys, anyone compiled transmission 2.75 for optware yet?

Im currently using version 3.0.3.1-027 an I was wondering if anyone could tell me if its possible to set the router so that only a wired connection can login and make changes to the router?

You still need a password to get into the router. Change the password so the person on wireless can't access the router. Or only use guest Ap and isolate it. Although I don't know for sure if that would not allow access to the router. I only use guest wireless access on my RT-N56U routers to create another SSID to use for all the low speed wireless devices I have.

Last edited:
I was wondering about an IPv6 issue. Is Padavan's firmware going to support the "Native with DHCP-PD" style IPv6 connections that my ISP (Comcast) provides and the RT-N66U Asus firmware supports?

If not, is there some way to configure the IPv6 parameters in Padavan's firmware to support this? I played with it a while, and couldn't get IPv6 going, even though it works fine on my RT-N66U router using the "Native with DHCP-PD" connection type.

Just a reminder:

Make sure you pick the proper Region Code (USA, Europe, Debug) in your wireless settings, both 2.4 and 5 GHz (it's at the bottom of each page).

If you are in the USA and it's set to Europe, you will have weird, flaky, connection issues with various devices (trust me, it's the most frustrating thing to diagnose).

Few things to check for the wifi dropout issue:

1. Try setting the 2.4Ghz radio to a specific mode. In my case I set it to "g only" since I have a few devices that don't support "n" speeds yet.
2. Pick a specific channel, preferably one that is not used by a neighbouring access point. inSSIDer (http://www.metageek.net/support/downloads/) should show you the networks around you and the channels they use.
3. Ensure you pick the proper region code for both 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz networks.
4. Under Advanced Settings/WAN, ensure that "Hardware offload NAT/Routing IPv4" is set to "Offload TCP for Lan/WIFI". It seemed to be set to "Offload TCP for Lan" by default when I flashed the new .27 firmware, even after a reset. I was getting 0.2Mbps on my iPhones before I set this to "Lan/Wifi", and my MBP would refuse to connect on the 2.4Ghz band completely.
5. I set "b/g protection" to "always off", and the channel bandwidth to 20Mhz.

I hope this helps someone.
PacificSky

USB drive gets messed up on W8???

I've got the latest RT-N56U released (not deprecated) version, .027 Full and I'm running W8 and use a Windows Explorer replacement, Explorer++. I have a 1TB USB 2.0 Western Digital drive attached to slot 1 on the router. Media is enabled for Network Share with no P/W and Media Share with P/W.

I'm having some problems RANDOMLY copying files from the PC to the USB drive. I use Explorer++ and open the network and drill down to the network Video share. I then pick the PC folder with the videos I want to move to the USB drive and select the ones I want to move. Now on the drive tree DRAG the files to the video share on the router with the Right Mouse Button. Occasionally I get a dialog box saying the folder already exists or the file does (NO, it doesn't). At that point I am 'hosed'. It seems if I try again the problem remains. If I open Windows Explorer I can see that it does exist, I assume something failed in the move? So I delete the file (never has a size) or folder and I can continue with a retry, or if I just skip, it seems this happens with every file.

I can no longer move/copy files over no matter what method I use. I have to remove the USB drive, take it to a PC and under W8 once connected Windows reports the drive is damaged and I can run CHKDSK which does correct the problem.

I've had problems like this randomly for a few drops I think, but usually under older versions I could just try again after closing the Explorer, opening the Router on a web browser, stopping the media share, deleting the .DMS file and re-enabling the media share. Not now? Chkdsk must be run.

Suggestions?

use a usb flash and format it to ext3/2, plug it into usb on(top), then enable minidlna, this is to make sure the system to save all minidlna files to the linux formatted drive, once minidlna is running, plug yr main HDD to the second port, u can change the path specifically or leave it the original way. hope this helps