What's new

Parental control how to block games with the time schedule?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mech

New Around Here
Hello everyone!

I just wonder is it possible to block entertainments during the work hours and allow them after 5pm and on weekends?

Both of the functions are available but I couldn't figure out how to use them both.

You can do it through your router allowing the service available within the schedule you need

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Select the Mac addresses then on the right in the parental section see the + buttons. This will give you a drop down menu of content to block for each content section. Make sure you’ve added the devices, they will appear at the bottom and tell you what’s being blocked.

You'll need to do a bit of script creation - the parental controls are either on or off, and can't be automated to a schedule. Here are the three scripts I use (all in "/jffs/scripts")

aiprot-off
Code:
#!/bin/sh
nvram set wrs_app_enabled=0
nvram set wrs_enable=0
service "restart_wrs;restart_firewall"

aiprot-on
Code:
#!/bin/sh
nvram set wrs_app_enabled=1
nvram set wrs_enable=1
service "restart_wrs;restart_firewall"

services-start
Code:
#!/bin/sh
cru a filtering-on "0 6 1-5 * * /jffs/scripts/aiprot-on"
cru a filtering-off "0 18 1-5 * * /jffs/scripts/aiprot-off"

Reviving an old thread here, but I'm having issues with this. I've setup these scripts on an AC86U running 384.13.

The scripts run properly and get executed, but it would seem something is missing.

When I manually enable/disable the switch in the GUI, it works and blocks the selected PC from accessing all the content categories. When done via the script, it doesn't always work properly.

Example: Via GUI, if the person is watching youtube, after his buffer is done, it no longer works. Via the script, he was able to keep on watching videos.

Has there been changes that we need to take into account with the latest firmware version?

Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!