What's new

Parental Controls and time scheduling causing crashes?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thalador

Occasional Visitor
Hi folks,

I have an XT8 system with 3 total nodes, all using gigabit wired backhaul. I have been in the other forums with all sorts of typical issues and ended up doing a hard reset and setting things up from scratch and things were all stable for a while. Then I tried using the Parental Controls - Time scheduling (which I had used when it was completely unstable) to block my grandsons devices during the middle of the night. Suddenly the instability returned. Has anyone successfully used this without crashing? I am running firmware 3.0.0.4.388_21617 on each node. I am going to enable it again now as weekends are best since I work from home M-F and can use weekends to test.

This is how I have it set. This allows the devices to be used only during the times we want and the days we want. All 3 are set the same.

1674850338510.png

1674850366548.png

If anyone has better suggestions I am all ears. Being an IT guy I do not believe in coincidences when it comes to these things and as soon as I enabled this the thing crashed multiple times per day.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!