What's new

PC ethernet kills WAN on RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hasan

New Around Here
So i recently built a new computer and am getting some REALLY odd issues on my router.

Hear me out.....

On some power cycles/cold boots of the PC - the router would reboot when connected to it...then come online good - most times its fine..

It was random - i've swapped out cables and even moved the router to a different circuit to rule out some sort of electrical interference obviously ethernet is connected so not fully isolated..

Anyway - today i decided to upgrade to the DEV insider build for win10 and got a bsod IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on the upgrade on TCPIP.sys - when it rolled back i did it again and yep again the rt88u did a similar thing - WAN disconnected router stayed online.

interestingly enough if i let it hang on the bsod without restating it - the WAN connection does not reconnect.

As soon as i power it off - it reconnects.

The board is a MSI x570 tomahawk and the ethernet is onboard - Realtek® 8125B 2.5Gbps LAN Controller

Anyone seen this before?

Probably doesn't make a difference but im running the latest build for the ac-rt88u RT-AC88U_384.19_0

FYI, this appears to be caused by enabling aidisk and usb3.

after disabling both of these features stability has returned.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!