What's new

PCE-AC68 Windows 10 Drivers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe they're waiting for Broadcom.

The BCM4360 - other than Asus and Apple, did any other vendor deploy this chip in consumer grade gear for desktop/laptop?

I'm told that Apple's Bootcamp update for Win10 was also delayed for lack of a suitable driver for the 4360...

I was thinking of getting the PCE-AC68 for a desktop running Windows 10, but this thread is starting to scare me.

What would you folks recommend getting instead to use with an RT-AC3200 router and Windows 10?

I was thinking of getting the PCE-AC68 for a desktop running Windows 10, but this thread is starting to scare me.

What would you folks recommend getting instead to use with an RT-AC3200 router and Windows 10?
The PCE-AC68 works fine on Win10. Refund it if it doesn't work for you. Just remember to Change the start registry key Hkey_Local_Machine\System\ControlSet001\Services\BCM42RLY from the value 3 to the value 4 in Hex.

I would be complaining if didn't work.

The PCE-AC68 works fine on Win10. Refund it if it doesn't work for you. Just remember to Change the start registry key Hkey_Local_Machine\System\ControlSet001\Services\BCM42RLY from the value 3 to the value 4 in Hex.

Okay, thanks, so you're using Asus Windows 8 drivers?

Okay, thanks, so you're using Asus Windows 8 drivers?

I am as well and it is working ok. I am also getting the log file spam and thanks to snakebite post can now fix that.

I did have a system crash last night but not sure if it is related to the system log file issue.

This does what again?

This does what again?
it stop the faulty service from starting up. It's something the Broadcom driver left behind.
"BCM42RLY service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified"
The file is not include with the drivers. The hidden service attempt to start in an endless loop and fails because the file is missing. It's spams the event viewer log with thousands of errors a min.

The Bootcamp driver kit from Apple has newer drivers dated 8/5/2015 - it's about 16MB for the broadcom wireless drivers.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested to try it - The PCE-AC68U is a popular card within the Hackintosh community because the ID's/chipset are the same as what Apple put in their equipment.
Did they test those driver yet?

Got it on good info that the Broadcom drivers in the Apple Bootcamp Kit work - not compatible with the Asus utility, but that's a mess in an of itself and that TurboQAM isn't supported in 2.4GHz - beamforming might work, but generally the driver works...

The driver version is 7.35.118.40 and sign date is 7/24/2015

What a shame. They are on the US site also, same driver version # as the ones from June 2014 for Windows 8.1 Seems like they gave up and just rebranded an old driver. Shame on them.....

Could still be a new driver - the Apple Bootcamp Broadcom update drivers are for Win8 and Win10 (they have the older driver for Win7)

It seems like it's just the older driver. I downloaded and tried it anyway, my slow throughput problem remains still. Anyone could help? PCE-68 adapter with RT-AC68U router. Speed was fine before Win10, and since upgrading to Win10 it's only at 81Mbps currently. Tried everything I can possbily think of, nothing worked.