What's new

ASUS PCE-AC56 & Windows 10 driver issues.....

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ShortHand

New Around Here
Product in question.

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Networking/PCEAC56/

Current Router is an ASUS RT AC68U

Long time SNB creeper. Thought I would finally make an account to discuss a long-running issue I have been having with this card and solved in case anyone else has the same issue. Ever since I switched to Windows 10 I have been having nothing but issues with reception/signal strength and transfer speeds over the network to my media server. ASUS has no drivers on their website and instead provides you with this for the PCE AC56.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/PCE-AC56/Windows_10_Plug_and_Play_Support.pdf

The driver included with windows 10 is absolutely useless. Transferring to my server over either 2.4 or 5ghz never crack about 26 Mbps. BEYOND frustrating. The same can be said with any internet downloads. my 50 Mbps connection all of a sudden became a 26 Mbps.

I tried every Broadcom chipset driver under the sun and nothing worked. Router positioning, different channels, antenna positioning, I even plugged my Netgear R6300v2 back in and experimented with that as well. It all ended up in a similiar result. I was about to give up and just go back to a Linksys USB dongle I had laying around until out of desperation I tried a Windows 8.1 driver. Driver version 6.30.223.245 to be specific.

Well......

Voila ! problem solved! Transfer speeds are at about 49MB/s at 12 meters from the router with 3 beefy walls in between us on the 5GHZ band and the 2.4GHZ band is back to normal as well. Signal strength and overall stability are great as well.

Hope this helps anyone having issues with this card! I have talked to Asus tech support and they have no current Windows 10 drivers in development. :(

Where did you find the Windows 8.1 driver, I have been looking and I can´t seem to find it. Do you have a link to it?

Where did you find the Windows 8.1 driver, I have been looking and I can´t seem to find it. Do you have a link to it?

They just released a wireless utility which should have a driver with it. A customer support rep from Asus finally answered a customer support complaint I filed months ago and said this should now work with the utility. (Replaced all drivers across Windows 7 to 10.)

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/PCE-AC56/UT_PCE_AC56_v2138.zip

If that newer file they supplied does not work for you then I need to need to hook up my DVD drive and grab the file off a disk I burned it to*

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue. I tried everything, even installing the drivers/utility from ASUS website, but it makes my card unstable and it can't connect to any network.