What's new

Phone keeps killing my AC66 wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is actually interesting because i have a couple devices that do the same thing. I also think he doesnt mean dropping connection but more freezing up the entire network for like 3-5 seconds when those devices connect and disconnect. So it may be a multicast thing?

To be honest, I don't think changing routers is going to help. The device is essentially doing a DoS attack on the router. I'd be checking the Android forums to see if there is any word on another fix coming.

To be honest, I don't think changing routers is going to help. The device is essentially doing a DoS attack on the router. I'd be checking the Android forums to see if there is any word on another fix coming.

The thing is, everytime I check, it's always just some other users with same 66 series Asus routers for the most part. I've had this issue for a long time, I figured with Pixel 3 and Android 9 it would've been fixed but it's not.

I replaced 2 RT-AC66U Routers with 1 RT-AC86U and never looked back.

With my Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Verizon), I am Android 8.0.0 and not experiencing the issues. I may delay 8.1 if it comes out...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!