What's new

PLEASE HELP ME GT-2900

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

caduz

New Around Here
SORRY I AM FROM BRAZIL .

MY ROUTER GT-2900, has an internet speed meter - speedtest
inside the firmware, but , whenever I am going to measure the 200mbps mark.
but my internet is 350 Mbps, turn router on and off, back to normal, that's 300 Mbps, right.
every time I have to turn the router on and off to measure right.
does anyone have this router, does this also happen?
I've updated everything,
on the web it measures normal this is only on the meter inside the router that happens.

please help thanks

SORRY I AM FROM BRAZIL .

MY ROUTER GT-2900, has an internet speed meter - speedtest
inside the firmware, but , whenever I am going to measure the 200mbps mark.
but my internet is 350 Mbps, turn router on and off, back to normal, that's 300 Mbps, right.
every time I have to turn the router on and off to measure right.
does anyone have this router, does this also happen?
I've updated everything,
on the web it measures normal this is only on the meter inside the router that happens.

please help thanks
Although I no longer use Asus products - I switched to TP-Link a couple of years ago - I can confirm that these built-in speed tests are absolute rubbish. The three TP-Link routers that I have used and continue to use (C4000, C5400X and AX11000) are excellent as routers, but their firmware-based speed tests are ludicrous.
My suggestion would be to just ignore the result you are getting, your router is most probably working fine.

Although I no longer use Asus products - I switched to TP-Link a couple of years ago - I can confirm that these built-in speed tests are absolute rubbish. The three TP-Link routers that I have used and continue to use (C4000, C5400X and AX11000) are excellent as routers, but their firmware-based speed tests are ludicrous.
My suggestion would be to just ignore the result you are getting, your router is most probably working fine.

the router has the right measurements, even for hours or minutes, but there are times when the value of a result is less, it seems without strength to test,
turning it off and turning it on stabilizes, but minutes or hours later it measures wrong again.
sir, you are telling me this is normal then.
your rotator happens this too, another doubt if i install a different firmware version and then install another one and then another one can cause problems on the router.

the router has the right measurements, even for hours or minutes, but there are times when the value of a result is less, it seems without strength to test,
turning it off and turning it on stabilizes, but minutes or hours later it measures wrong again.
sir, you are telling me this is normal then.
your rotator happens this too, another doubt if i install a different firmware version and then install another one and then another one can cause problems on the router.
This is exactly what I was referring to: my C5400X in particular would give correct measurements (ca. 940/60) for some time, but then suddenly drop to, say, 700/60, 600/60, 400/60, only to bounce back to correct results, and so on. If, of course, I used an external speed test tool, the results would always be ca. 940/60, always.
Basically, I would not trust the built-in speed testers at all. AT ALL. And irrespective of manufacturer.
As regards your problems with the router after firmware reinstalls - I cannot help you here, as I do not have the AC2900.

thanks

in fact, in Brazil, even this gt-2900 router is very expensive, i was afraid it might be defective.

look at the printout, the router measures right for a while, but when it starts measuring wrong,
you have to turn it on and off to normalize it. or does not normalize.

different photos because i changed the firmware to marilyn, but still the measurement error.
If I install the old firmware again, I will have problems.

or I can install as many firmware, i want infinitely.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 77
thanks

in fact, in Brazil, even this gt-2900 router is very expensive, i was afraid it might be defective.

look at the printout, the router measures right for a while, but when it starts measuring wrong,
you have to turn it on and off to normalize it. or does not normalize.

different photos because i changed the firmware to marilyn, but still the measurement error.
If I install the old firmware again, I will have problems.

or I can install as many firmware, i want infinitely.
These things don't come cheap, do they? Silly statement on my part, I know, but I understand how when you buy something, you want it to work to its full potential out of the box.
Long story short, I would not worry about the speed test, simple as. Just a broken addition, from many manufacturers.

OK thanks,

I thought that only my router had this defect, you even said that your tp-link also happens that way.
the doubt was that it happens to others, so you guarantee that my router is not having any manufacturing problems.

another doubt and last

Firmware problem, when installing the firmware and restarting, I can go back and install other previous versions, if I want. or all of these firmware installations accumulate inside the router using memory or the like.

I used the standard version of asus Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994, very beautiful.
so I installed the version merlin 386 1_2, but I didn't like it, I can install the standard firmware again, over the top.

Last edited:
OK thanks,

I thought that only my router had this defect, you even said that your tp-link also happens that way.
the doubt was that it happens to others, so you guarantee that my router is not having any manufacturing problems.
I'll put it this way - I cannot guarantee that your router has no manufacturing defect, not at all. But I can assure you that the inappropriate functioning of the built-in speed test is something that spreads across manufacturers (my TP-Links, your Asus, and some other Asus owners here on SNB), and that on its own this does not appear in any way indicative of a manufacturing problem.
As regards your firmware issue - I cannot help you here at all, because I do not own the Asus AC2900.

another doubt and last

Firmware problem, when installing the firmware and restarting, I can go back and install other previous versions, if I want. or all of these firmware installations accumulate inside the router using memory or the like.

I used the standard version of asus Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994, very beautiful.
so I installed the version merlin 386 1_2, but I didn't like it, I can install the standard firmware again, over the top.

Firmware does not accumulate. The hardware installs and uses only one firmware at a time. Install the firmware you want, reset it, and configure it from scratch.

This posts may offer some helpful clues:

OE

I'll put it this way - I cannot guarantee that your router has no manufacturing defect, not at all. But I can assure you that the inappropriate functioning of the built-in speed test is something that spreads across manufacturers (my TP-Links, your Asus, and some other Asus owners here on SNB), and that on its own this does not appear in any way indicative of a manufacturing problem.
As regards your firmware issue - I cannot help you here at all, because I do not own the Asus AC2900.
thanks

Firmware does not accumulate. The hardware installs and uses only one firmware at a time. Install the firmware you want, reset it, and configure it from scratch.

This posts may offer some helpful clues:

OE
thanks,
so I will install the standard version again, it is more beautiful, because I will not have problems or loss of performance. I thought it might be a problem to install too much firmware.

thanks,
so I will install the standard version again, it is more beautiful, because I will not have problems or loss of performance. I thought it might be a problem to install too much firmware.
The problems come when you install different firmwares and don't reset them afterward and before configuration.

OE