What's new

Please , I need Good Router with VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sir i am not cheating and this work not cheating many families living with this work

Okay, I understand why are you doing it. Even if I don't give you the information you need, it's available here on SNB Forums. So here it is:

Routers with good VPN capabilities (~200Mbps) have ARMv8 + AES CPU. The cheapest one with expected longer support is RT-AX68U, but it has some 5GHz connection issues reported and is not very popular choice here. The next model up is RT-AX86S with better reliability and Wi-Fi capabilities. Both are Asuswrt-Merlin supported models. If you don't really care about future firmware updates, older RT-AC86U also has the CPU you need. This router though has a history of hardware and software issues. If you find one much cheaper than the two above, get the maximum warranty possible. Don't buy RT-AC86U second hand - new only. It runs well with current Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7_2 firmware.

Be careful with the model numbers. They are similar and confusing sometimes. Good luck!

Okay, I understand why are you doing it. Even if I don't give you the information you need, it's available here on SNB Forums. So here it is:

Routers with good VPN capabilities (~200Mbps) have ARMv8 + AES CPU. The cheapest one with expected longer support is RT-AX68U, but it has some 5GHz connection issues reported and is not very popular choice here. The next model up is RT-AX86S with better reliability and Wi-Fi capabilities. Both are Asuswrt-Merlin supported models. If you don't really care about future firmware updates, older RT-AC86U also has the CPU you need. This router though has a history of hardware and software issues. If you find one much cheaper than the two above, get the maximum warranty possible. Don't buy RT-AC86U second hand - new only. It runs well with current Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7_2 firmware.

Be careful with the model numbers. They are similar and confusing sometimes. Good luck!

Thank you for this information , i can see that you suggest only asus , is it the best option ?

No home router can do much more than 200-250Mbps on OpenVPN and the two AX routers above have WireGuard VPN option for 300-350Mbps possible speeds. It depends on the server you connect to and the VPN provider though. Some VPN providers don't have WireGuard option. Asus routers offer good price/performance ratio and popular models are supported by Asuswrt-Merlin firmware - the most configurable firmware for home routers. Asus usually offers longer firmware support as well, but in this case only if you go with AX models. AC models won't be getting the new 388 firmware code.

No home router can do much more than 200-250Mbps on OpenVPN and the two AX routers above have WireGuard VPN option for 300-350Mbps possible speeds. It depends on the server you connect to and the VPN provider though. Some VPN providers don't have WireGuard option. Asus routers offer good price/performance ratio and popular models are supported by Asuswrt-Merlin firmware - the most configurable firmware for home routers. Asus usually offers longer firmware support as well, but in this case only if you go with AX models. AC models won't be getting the new 388 firmware code.

CleanShot 2022-11-21 at 16.25.07@2x.png

I Bought what you suggested for me ,,

Thanks a lot sir

when its arrived i will come back to this post

❤️

They got you really good. Why didn't you tell what options you have in your country? This price is ridiculous! Cancel it, if you can.

They got you really good. Why didn't you tell what options you have in your country? This price is ridiculous! Cancel it, if you can.

I think can't cancel it they make some notice that there is no cancel , what we can do ,

Also in my country i think they locked the routers its not open i think

This is not a good start in making money online idea. You've got scammed on the first transaction! This website charged you double for installing a firmware available as free download. The router is 1/2 of the price you paid, here in North America at least. Also:

If your government decides to block your VPN access tomorrow, they can do it. You're investing in something unknown.

This is not a good start in making money online idea. You've got scammed on the first transaction! This website charged you double for installing a firmware available as free download. The router is 1/2 of the price you paid, here in North America at least. Also:

If your government decides to block your VPN access tomorrow, they can do it. You're investing in something unknown.

after your words i looked for that router more deeply here in country the price near what i bought now