What's new

Popup ads

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AnthonyArmato

Please remove the pop up ads on this Site. When viewing from my galaxy s iii it's extremely difficult to close them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-09-13-19-06-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-13-19-06-52.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 278
Please remove the pop up ads on this Site. When viewing from my galaxy s iii it's extremely difficult to close them.

Is your S3 rooted? If so you can download/install adfree for your S3 that also works on all the apps you install too.

No, it's not rooted.

Well not that hard to do, but that's up to you. If you would like to know how you can visit ATZ which I run would take you directly to that link for S3 Rooting. Once the root is access you can install whatever you want and remove that ads, malware, spyware in apps and your browser on your Android ICS Smartphone from Samsung.

Rooting also allows you to OC = over clock your dual core 1.5GHz if you need it. You can also free up more RAM you have total 2GB but really is 1.6GB. Root would allow you recover more.

This optional you might now want to even go this route. I root everything I have and all my Android Smartphones.

As much as I'd like to remove the ads, they pay the bills. If you view the site in mobile mode, you won't get those ads.

I do agree that those ads are particularly hard to close from mobile browsers. I'll log the issue and see if they can fix that.

In the meantime, if you reload the page, you should not get the ad again.

Made some changes. Please let me know if you still see the ad.

Which browser and what settings are you using?

How often are you seeing the ads and is it just one advertisement or many?

Stock browser on the Galaxy S3. There are several ads, all popups like the screen shot I posted. They come up every two page loads or so.

Thanks. I was told that would not be happening. And you should see only one of these types of ads per day, MAX. I'll follow up.

The issue seems to be specific to Android phones. I was able to duplicate on two. My ad partner says they have tested Blackberry and iPhone and they don't see the ad. Still working the issue with them.

Supposedly fixed...again, Anthony.

Please let me know.

Be sure you clear cache on your browser.

That's what I got too. You aren't supposed to get any at all on mobile devices. I chalked it up to a cache issue.

At any rate, 1 max per day is all you should see at the most. Please let me know if you see anything other than that.

Thanks for your patience.