What's new

Port Forwarding is not working AC-87VG

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kostaus

New Around Here
Hello,

First post here and not expert in these things. However, I know how to do a simple port forwarding for my BitTorrent client.

So, I have bought an ASUS DSL-AC87VG from ebay but port forwarding does not work.
I use the latest available firmware, and I have read all the related posts in this forum, but unfortunately had no luck.
I rolled back to previous firmwares, but no luck also!

wz1iB55.jpg

Has anyone any ideas why this happens?
Is there any way to check that port-forwading works?
Any help appreciated, since I haven't find any solution through google search.

Thanks

However, I know how to do a simple port forwarding for my BitTorrent client.

If you use Transmission, you shouldn't have to use specific port forwards in your config - I know folks don't like to enable uPNP, but this does give some agility there.

Does the device at 192.168.1.10 have its own firewall blocking inbound traffic that’s not from the LAN?

Does the device at 192.168.1.10 have its own firewall blocking inbound traffic that’s not from the LAN?

If I use my old modem/router the port is open, which means that there is no firewall in the specific device. Furthermore this device is just a media player.
Hence, the problem obviously exists in the ASUS modem/router...

That's why I am so confused. What is going wrong?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!