What's new

Port Forwarding Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is the Network Config page of my cams - you can see that I simply point the cams DNS at the router gatewasy address or I could put in a dedicated DNS server ip address.
Well, that shows exactly the issue you have. The gateway address (192.168.1.254) and the DNS address are of your BT Hub, while your Asus routers uses always 192.168.1.1 as a default gateway and DNS.

Well, that shows exactly the issue you have. The gateway address (192.168.1.254) and the DNS address are of your BT Hub, while your Asus routers uses always 192.168.1.1 as a default gateway and DNS.
Hmmm, I think you need to think again.

Firstly If my icam had the wrong DNS address I would be getting tons of errors in the ipcam log stating no access to ntp servers or the viewnetcam service.

Secondly what makes you belive that Asus routers have to use 192.168.1.1 - check my attachments you will see I configured my Asus router to have a Hub gateway IP address 182.168.1.254 and Primary DNS Server 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS Server 8.8.4.4

Thirdly my issue is one of delayed connection - if there was a misconfigured DNS setting in my ipcams there would be NO connection possible.

Hmmm, I think you need to think again.

Firstly If my icam had the wrong DNS address I would be getting tons of errors in the ipcam log stating no access to ntp servers or the viewnetcam service.

Secondly what makes you belive that Asus routers have to use 192.168.1.1 - check my attachments you will see I configured my Asus router to have a Hub gateway IP address 182.168.1.254 and Primary DNS Server 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS Server 8.8.4.4

Thirdly my issue is one of delayed connection - if there was a misconfigured DNS setting in my ipcams there would be NO connection possible.
In the Asus attachments i could not see you did reconfigure the gateway IP address of the Asus router, if you did then my assumption are indeed incorrect.

Hi @gussie5555,

From my past experience, when accessing IPCAM via WAN + DDNS with manual port forwarding (PnP off), I had to disable the DoS protection option:

View attachment 49804

If I had that option enable (DoS), I always had "time out's" on the connection to IPCAM from WAN.

From a few years ago, I only access my IPCAM's via VPN Server.

I don't know if you had already tested this option, but I hope it helps you with something.
Have just seen this aswell ...

This could be the culprit !!!

As soon as I get home I will check if it has been enabled.

Have just seen this aswell ...

This could be the culprit !!!

As soon as I get home I will check if it has been enabled.

Yeah I never enable DOS protection, interferes with too many things (did try it years ago and quickly got rid of it).

Hi @gussie5555,

From my past experience, when accessing IPCAM via WAN + DDNS with manual port forwarding (PnP off), I had to disable the DoS protection option:

View attachment 49804

If I had that option enable (DoS), I always had "time out's" on the connection to IPCAM from WAN.

From a few years ago, I only access my IPCAM's via VPN Server.

I don't know if you had already tested this option, but I hope it helps you with something.
Hi Jonnny,

I put my Asus RT-AC68U router back and disabled DoS protection and now everything works properly. Thank you so much for solving my problem. After you alerted me to this I Googled around and found one post that corroborated your findings here ...

Thanks again !

Gus

Hi Jonnny,

I put my Asus RT-AC68U router back and disabled DoS protection and now everything works properly. Thank you so much for solving my problem. After you alerted me to this I Googled around and found one post that corroborated your findings here ...

Thanks again !

Gus

I'm glad you got your issue solved. ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!