What's new

Port forwarding Synology NAS and ASUS RT AX86u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StephenS

New Around Here
I am trying to access my Synology NAS from outside my network, and Quick Connect doesn’t work. I tried to set up port forwarding, but I don’t know enough about how to do it, as I haven’t been able to get access. I followed the Synology guide, but I’m doing something wrong. Does anyone know how to set up port forwarding for a Synology NAS on the ASUS RT AX86U router?

Port forwarding is a security risk. Much safer to use OpenVPN which is built into your AX86U but change the default port that OpenVPN uses. Plenty of discussions about this in the Asus Wireless SNB forum.

Port forwarding is a security risk. Much safer to use OpenVPN which is built into your AX86U but change the default port that OpenVPN uses. Plenty of discussions about this in the Asus Wireless SNB forum.
I’ve checked and the port Is open, but I get a message that the certificate is not trusted.

Last edited: