What's new

Portf orwarding problem with ASUS Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JuanSolo

New Around Here
Hi all,
I've been dealing with a port forwarding problem for a while and I can't figure out what is happening.
I have an Asus RT-AC68U connected to a Synology NAS (192.168.0.10). In order to access the NAS Desktop from the internet, I've had to forward its corresponding port (55555) in the router. Once set it works like charm.
On the other hand, I've created a Minecraft server in the NAS and I'm not being able to access it from the internet. I've opened the corresponding port (44444) in the same way as I did for the NAS Desktop and I can connect using the external IP and the port when my computer is in the LAN (I guess it realizes that the external IP is actually my network and does not go outside). However, when the computer is outside the LAN (I just tried using my phone as AP), I cannot connect using my external IP and port. It is weird because I can connect to my NAS Desktop using the same external IP (but different port).
Here you can see an example of my current configuration:
port_forwarding_example.png
Any hint!? Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance!

I would also check the relevant malware lists to see what you are exposing yourself to. Do yourself a favour and setup a VPN on your router so that you can connect remotely through that and full access to all the research of your home network, when not physically at home.

Exposing the admin GUI directly to the internet for pretty any device is a recipe for disaster.

I would also check the relevant malware lists to see what you are exposing yourself to. Do yourself a favour and setup a VPN on your router so that you can connect remotely through that and full access to all the research of your home network, when not physically at home.

Exposing the admin GUI directly to the internet for pretty any device is a recipe for disaster.
Thanks! I tried to do it in the pass but had a lot of problems (I couldn't reach my NAS via VPN). I've just realized that it was due to the NAS firewall as well. So I've managed to make it run and closed all the ports to the outside. Thanks a lot for you recommendation!