What's new

Possible bug in 02-02-2019 release for AC-RT68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ralph Bloch

New Around Here
I was trying to link a new Denon AVR S740H to my QNAP TS212 NAS. Just to be on the safe side, I installed the newest AsusMerlin firmware on my ASUS router. But I just couldn't get the Denon receiver to recognize the NAS. In fact, the Qfinder couldn't find the QNAP either. It was even worse - I couldn't log into the the QNAP anymore. Yet, I could ping it. So, I thought, the QNAP has gone to its final rewards. Just to be on the safe side, I removed the two hard drives, and the QNAP showed renewed signs of life. Aha, the hard drives (RAID 1) must have gone hinkey.

By that time I decided the problem had surpassed my pay grade and I took the QNAP to my favorite computer store. They did their magic, and I could see that the QNAP was not only working flawlessly in the store, even all the files were preserved. Happily I took the box home and incorporated it back into the network - Nada, the QNAP was dead. I had three homevisits by the wonderful people at Ancaster computing till they finally figured out that it wasn't the QNAP, it was the router. Rather than running out to buy a new router, I regressed to the ASUS-Merlin firmware version 384.6, and miracle over miracles everything was working again.

It therefore seems to me that there is a very exotic problem in the newest firmware that only manifests itself in very specific functionality. Has anybody else observed such a problem?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!