What's new

PPTP VPN reconnect for HULU outside USA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kataflok

New Around Here
I use PureVPN PPTP on a WRT54GL v1.1 Linksys running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09)vpn plugged into a Linksys 5 port switch which is attached to my DSL modem. (I have two IP addresses from my service provider)

It has one simple purpose: To give me a USA IP address so I can watch Netflix, HULU etc on my Apple TV's.

For some incomprehensible reason, PureVPN uses the following system of connecting:

<w*w.purevpn.com/vpn-service/router-vpn.php>

Using the following script:

#!/bin/sh
sleep 120
PPTPSERVER=$(/usr/sbin/nvram get pptpd_client_srvip)
PPTPGWY=$(/usr/sbin/nvram get wan_gateway)
/sbin/route add -host $PPTPSERVER gw $PPTPGWY dev vlan1
/sbin/route del default
/sbin/route add default gw $PPTPGWY metric 100
/sbin/route add default dev ppp0
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE​

As with any VPN, it repeatedly disconnects. But, with this setup, the traffic defaults to WAN and the only way of reconnecting is to reboot the router.

Three questions:

(1). Is there a way under this setup to force the PPTP VPN to auto reconnect or auto-reboot the entire router at least?

(2). Is there a way to block traffic from defaulting to WAN when the VPN is disconnected?

(3). Is there another way to configure the router so it connects like StrongVPN's setup works:

<h**p://strongvpn.com/setup_dd-wrt_pptp.shtml>

so the auto reconnect that is built into DD-WRT works?

Can anyone help?

If all else fails, I am very willing to even build a dedicated PPTP client/router out of an old computer and a few NIC's if anyone could point me at a software that would work.

I just need something that will connect to PureVPN and STAY that way.