What's new

Printing to AirPrint Printer from Guest Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mike S

Regular Contributor
I have an Asus router running Asus-Merlin 386.7. This router is also connected to two other Asus routers (also running 386.7) which are configured as AiMesh Nodes.

I have a couple of AirPrint printers that I would like iPhone users to be able to access who are connected to my guest network. I have tried these two options:

1. Connect the printers to my DSL Router, which is upstream from my main Asus Router. The iPhone users can ping these printers, but AirPrint doesn't work, because the printers are on a separate subnet from the guest network subnet.

2. I tried connecting the printers to the guest network on the Asus Routers. This doesn't work because guest network connected iPhones can only access the internet, not other Guest network connected devices.

Any suggestions on how I can make this work?

Returning back to the original thread (let's stay off the other) ...

Perhaps YazFi might offer some relief. At least it places the guest network on its own IP network (e.g., 192.168.2.x), separate from the private network. I believe @Jack Yaz added the ability to include your own firewall rules as well. Perhaps you can configure the printers for the guest IP network, then use firewall rules to also provide access to the printer by the private network.

I don't use YazFi myself, so I can't 100% vouch for this being the solution, but it seems plausible.

OP solved the problem.