What's new

Problem both wired & wireless

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fiaskemist

New Around Here
Hey, checking if anyone can help out with our router at home. It puts through horrible speeds, regardless of wired or Wi-fi, 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz.
It is a Asus RT-AC52U B1.

I tested speeds with cable directly from wall to pc, using speedtest.net I got around 800Mbps. (I didn't even know we got this kind of speed..)
Through router, wired and wireless, I get about 5Mbps.

Another thing I find strange, when downloading anything, download speed tops at around 600kBps. It also slows down all internet access, on the downloading pc and all other devices connected, sometimes to the point where websites don't load. This also happens both wireless and wired through router.

I have tested with different three different pc's and on my phone, same result on all.
I upgraded the firmware but that didn't help and I did a hard reset but that hasn't solved anything either.

Hey, checking if anyone can help out with our router at home. It puts through horrible speeds, regardless of wired or Wi-fi, 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz.
It is a Asus RT-AC52U B1.

I tested speeds with cable directly from wall to pc, using speedtest.net I got around 800Mbps. (I didn't even know we got this kind of speed..)
Through router, wired and wireless, I get about 5Mbps.

Another thing I find strange, when downloading anything, download speed tops at around 600kBps. It also slows down all internet access, on the downloading pc and all other devices connected, sometimes to the point where websites don't load. This also happens both wireless and wired through router.

I have tested with different three different pc's and on my phone, same result on all.
I upgraded the firmware but that didn't help and I did a hard reset but that hasn't solved anything either.

It's not much of a router even if you got it working better... can you consider getting a better router to do your ISP service (and network) justice?

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!