What's new

Problem with AX-11000 5Ghz-2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

As far as I’m aware I’ve never been able to use 5Ghz-2 on 160Mhz I have a GT-AX11000.

It depends on the region, channels used and perhaps firmware. Picture borrowed from SNB Forums, GT-AX11000:

1679180128604.png

Only really need to be worried about DFS if you live near an airport or military base.

Only? I'm pretty sure folks around this place may have some issues too - The Weather Network building in Oakville, ON:

1679180491205.png

It depends on the region, channels used and perhaps firmware. Picture borrowed from SNB Forums, GT-AX11000:

View attachment 48652

Only? I'm pretty sure folks around this place may have some issues too - The Weather Network building in Oakville, ON:

View attachment 48653

Fair point. It’s situational by region and such. Running the Canadian version of the GT-AX11000 Merlin on mine.

Yeah any location that uses radar or frequency’s that trigger DFS might have an issue. Personally I don’t live near anything that triggers DFS to avoid using channels. *Users experience may very.

Must be a regional restriction because I've never had issues using 160MHz on either 5 GHz radio, even with the latest 388.2 alpha build on my GT-AX11000

1679181430898.png

Running the Canadian version

Got it. Looking at Canadian AX86U 5GHz available channels - we don't have the channels needed to fit 2x 160MHz.

Wouldn't mind personally changing it's region to the US. You can easily buy US routers in canada or in some routers change the region. (Don't jump me I know the rules)

What's up with 14h uptime? Like to tinker with settings too much? :)

Only really need to be worried about DFS if you live near an airport or military base. Otherwise it will clear DFS channels and they will be stable as any other channel.

"Near" is a relative term, and there are high power weather radars all over as well.