What's new

Problem with AX86U transfers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Portalnet

Regular Contributor
Hello
I have FTTH 800/800 Mbits internet. Asus AX86U router, there are 3 WiFi-based laptops in the network (Intel ax210 and ax211) and a QNAP server via LAN. I have the band set to 160MHz.
Transfer:
LAN (qnap) - WiFi (ax210 or ax211) = 900 -950Mbits
LAN (qnap) - WAN = 750-800MBits
WiFi (ax210 or ax211) - WAN - 300 - 350Mbits ?????

What is the reason that every laptop over WiFi has such poor transfers over WiFi to the Internet? My router has default settings, I haven't changed anything. Why is WiFi-LAN 900Mbits and WiFi-WAN only 300Mbits? The same happens on the original Asus as well as on Merlin.

Hello
I have FTTH 800/800 Mbits internet. Asus AX86U router, there are 3 WiFi-based laptops in the network (Intel ax210 and ax211) and a QNAP server via LAN. I have the band set to 160MHz.
Transfer:
LAN (qnap) - WiFi (ax210 or ax211) = 900 -950Mbits
LAN (qnap) - WAN = 750-800MBits
WiFi (ax210 or ax211) - WAN - 300 - 350Mbits ?????

What is the reason that every laptop over WiFi has such poor transfers over WiFi to the Internet? My router has default settings, I haven't changed anything. Why is WiFi-LAN 900Mbits and WiFi-WAN only 300Mbits? The same happens on the original Asus as well as on Merlin.
Do not force 160 MHz! Use the WiFi defaults. That means use Dual Band SmartConnect, auto channel on both bands and on 5 GHz use 20, 40, 80, 160 MHz. For a start do not use DFS channels.
My AX86U runs at 80 MHz over night but will switch up to 160 MHz when a 160 MHz client connects. Forcing 160 MHz will cause the 5 GHz to shut down if RADAR is detected.
Also go to the Intel website for the latest drivers for the AX210/AX211 cards.

I have the drivers up to date, the settings as you provided and the problem is there. Why is WiFi - LAN going full power and WiFi-WAN so weak?

I have the drivers up to date, the settings as you provided and the problem is there. Why is WiFi - LAN going full power and WiFi-WAN so weak?
Do you have Wireguard enabled? If so turn it off and test again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!