What's new

Skynet Problem with country block for incoming connections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

crq

New Around Here
Hi,

I set Skynet to filter only inbound connections and configured country ban for several countries, for example bg. Now when I try to access site from Bulgaria, for example inoreader.com it is not possible.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

A connection is both outbound and inbound. It’s blocking the response from Bulgaria.

Hi,

I set Skynet to filter only inbound connections and configured country ban for several countries, for example bg. Now when I try to access site from Bulgaria, for example inoreader.com it is not possible.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
You can always bypass your country blacklist for certain sites, and add the inoreader.com to your whitelist.

I assumed the related connection would be allowed - if I open outgoing connection which is allowed, the response is also allowed?

I assumed the related connection would be allowed - if I open outgoing connection which is allowed, the response is also allowed?
No, not the way Skynet works. It doesn’t care about related connections. It blocks without remorse in the netfilter raw table.