What's new

Problem with READYSHARE access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thegamer36

New Around Here
Hey all. Thanks for looking at this issue.

I have a Netgear X4S router with an attached USB drive.
The share name is: \\readyshare\USB_Storage

On my wife's Surface Pro, I can Map a network drive using the above share name.
On my ethernet connected desktop machine I have to map the drive using the ipaddress of the router.
If I try to map the drive using \\readyshare\USB_Storage, I get Network error, Network path not found. I know in the past I was able to do it.
Any help is very much appreciated.

Hey all. Thanks for looking at this issue.

I have a Netgear X4S router with an attached USB drive.
The share name is: \\readyshare\USB_Storage

On my wife's Surface Pro, I can Map a network drive using the above share name.
On my ethernet connected desktop machine I have to map the drive using the ipaddress of the router.
If I try to map the drive using \\readyshare\USB_Storage, I get Network error, Network path not found. I know in the past I was able to do it.
Any help is very much appreciated.
Did you rename the router? Also what type is the desktop. If it's windows 10 it has some issues with some shares. When in file explore under network see if it shows your router and drill down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Did you rename the router? Also what type is the desktop. If it's windows 10 it has some issues with some shares. When in file explore under network see if it shows your router and drill down.

Also try \\readyshare\usb_storage

Sorry I should have said both computers are running Windows 10.
I did not rename the router. It is named: R7800.
When I explore under network I do see READYSHARE. When I select it, I get an error. Error Code: 0x80070035 - The network path was not found.

Sorry I should have said both computers are running Windows 10.
I did not rename the router. It is named: R7800.
When I explore under network I do see READYSHARE. When I select it, I get an error. Error Code: 0x80070035 - The network path was not found.
I hate to say this ,but you my try searching netgears forums. I know others had issues with readyshare before. I don't run the stock firmware. I run voxels. It can be found on this site on where to download.

I may have figured it out. I turned off some of the features in Bitdefender and I can now traverse the folders.
Thanks all for the help.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!