What's new

Problem with RT-AX58U after 3.0.0.4.388 upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bmn1

After upgrade to 3.0.0.4.388 on my RT-AX58U I got serious problem with the web UI when I activate WireGuard. I've tried both Factory Reset and Firmware Restoration, but the same problem appears when I enable WireGuard. I've even tried installing Merlin, but then WireGuard doesn't work. Anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution?

Hi,

I updated AX58U V2 to 3.0.0.4.388_22525 a couple of weeks back and am having issues with the 2.4Ghz SSID.
I connect all my smart device to this SSID, and recently it's been dropping the connections eg. smartcam shows as offline as it doesn't have internet access.

I looked at the available SSIDs and I can see it, but when I connect to the 2.4Ghz SSID, the signal shows like this:
image0.jpg

That is directly next to the router.
There is no issue on the 5Ghz SSID, only the 2.4Ghz one.

I then checked the connected devices on that SSID through the admin web portal, and I can still see them as connected (smartcam, lights, water heater etc.)
But the devices doesn't seem to be able to get internet access.

I need to restart the router and it will be back to normal, but then after a few hours it will happen again.

1680744341784.png

Indicator shows nothing abnormal.

Here is the wireless log for the 2.4Ghz SSID:
1680744494540.png

Anyone having issues like this and have a solution?

If I download an older firmware and do the 'update' via the admin web portal will it accept if it's an older firmware?
Is this a hardware issue?

Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!