What's new

Problems with Aimesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Marc1977

New Around Here
Hello,

first - sorry for my english, but i can't find a forum like this.
I'm sure that you can help me.
I habe 2 Asus here. AC 68U (upstairs) and a new Blue Cave. I have problems with my Wifi "downstairs", so i wanna try a Aimesh.
I have no problems to create the Aimesh. On the WebGui (the AC68U is the main router) the Blue Cave is in the list of the Aimesh-nodes.
But i dont now, what i have to do now? The only SSIDs are the SSIDs from my AC68U.
I thought, i will get an new SSID for all devices?!
Or am I wrong?

you already complete the setting and it's working as intended.

SSID will be the same.

Sure - that is, what i have done ;-) This works...
Summary: I get no new SSIDs. So it seems like a repeater for me, for sure with a better performance. Right?
Is it a problem when i rename the 5ghz Wifi to the 2,4ghz Wifi?

The AiMesh router SSIDs will be assigned as the remote node SSIDs.

The 68U does not support Smart Connect node band steering. So, if you use the same SSID for each band, your wireless clients may not connect to the preferred band/SSID.

Since your AiMesh can not support Smart Connect, I suggest you define separate SSIDs for each band, such as Marc-24 and Marc-50. And configure your wireless clients to connect to the preferred band/SSID. When you want to connect a client beyond the Marc-50 range, you may have to manually switch its connection to Marc-24.

The advantages of Smart Connect are being able to use the same SSID for both bands and not having to manually manage node band client connections.

OE

I have setup two RT-AC88U in AiMesh mode, it is normal that the SSID will be duplicated ?
One coming from the router and same SSID coming from the node when both are in the same range, take a look in the picture for more clarification on my question ?
AiMesh_SSID.jpg

I have setup two RT-AC88U in AiMesh mode, it is normal that the SSID will be duplicated ?
One coming from the router and same SSID coming from the node when both are in the same range, take a look in the picture for more clarification on my question ?View attachment 16833

Yes, normal.

OE

New problem.

My tv is in 2.4 and phone on 5

They don’t see each other.

What to do?

Is 'Set AP Isolated' set under Wireless\Professional?

OE

It was set to enable. Do you want me to disable it

Your previous post pics show 'Set AP Isolated' = No. So, it's not enabled. Leave it disabled/No. It's not the issue.

Your issue is 'they don't see each other'. Maybe you should explain the problem more.

And I would disable Airtime Fairness and Universal Beamforming for each band.

OE

Your previous post pics show 'Set AP Isolated' = No. So, it's not enabled. Leave it disabled/No. It's not the issue.

Your issue is 'they don't see each other'. Maybe you should explain the problem more.

And I would disable Airtime Fairness and Universal Beamforming for each band.

OE
Ok I think I changed it to not enabled prior to screen shot. I reenabled it later and left it like that.

Ok the iPhone does see the tv when using the tv remote app. There’s another Samsung app Smart Frame where you can cast to the tv - that’s the one that’s not working correctly. It can apparently see there’s a tv as it’s listed but can’t connect.
I know I used it in the past before aimesh. Not sure if aimesh is the problem.
And how can remote app work - again from Samsung.

Ok I think I changed it to not enabled prior to screen shot. I reenabled it later and left it like that.

Ok the iPhone does see the tv when using the tv remote app. There’s another Samsung app Smart Frame where you can cast to the tv - that’s the one that’s not working correctly. It can apparently see there’s a tv as it’s listed but can’t connect.
I know I used it in the past before aimesh. Not sure if aimesh is the problem.
And how can remote app work - again from Samsung.

Follow my previous advice and then troubleshoot your Samsung. Good luck.

OE

Update
So bluecave dropsnout of aimesh and I cant goto router webpage. Internet still works.
Asus asked to return the bluecave for repairs. What’s going on ??