What's new

Problems with RT-AC86U and AsusWRT-Merlin 384.19

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Emanuel Paul

Occasional Visitor
Hi. Today I upgraded from 384.18 to 384.19. After that I found out that all entries of manual IP's are gone. Also the names of the devices where changed. So I added the manual IP's again and renamed the devices. After a reboot of the router everything is gone again. So I thought, it might be a problem with the new firmware and downgraded to 384.18. But now I can't login anymore...

Has 384.19 problems with manual IP's? Or did I not realize that this problem was there already before? I only know that it worked in the past.

Any idea how to login again, without resetting the router completely?

@Emanuel Paul if you've upgraded then downgraded you will have to factory reset. Passwords are encrypted when a new flash / down grade happens and locks you out.

Did you backup your jffs partition before the upgrade and then format and restore jffs afterwards, as stated in the release notes?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!