What's new

Product Review: NETGEAR FVS336G-300 ProSafe Dual WAN Gigabit Firewall

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LoneWolf

Thanks for the review, Doug.

I have to say, I think it's time Netgear revamps the UI on their firewalls. For a GUI, I find it clunky. It's not the worst I've ever seen, it could just be so much better.

UI responsiveness on a lot of Netgear equipment (switches and Prosafe firewalls) has been rather poor for me. Due to the managed switches being inexpensive for what they do, I tolerate it, but they could do better.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanw...an-gigabit-firewall-reviewed?showall=&start=3

Written by Doug Reid
Overall, the FVS336Gv3 is certainly a performance upgrade over the older FVS336G. I think the reliance on Windows'Virtual Passage SSL adapter holds the FVS336Gv3 back a bit, compared to other SSL VPN solutions, such as Open VPN. On the whole, though, the FVS336G-300 is a fast and highly configurable Dual WAN VPN Router.

Here is my two cents comments about this evaluation, Why only windows virtual Passage SSL adapter? Why not tested with a complete GNU/Linux OS-environment vs Windows and see both results for the best performers. I believe any gnu/Linux IP/tables will outmatch any windows virtual Passage SSL adapter anytime.
Just my 2 cents opinion.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!