What's new

Proper fix to the widespread bug that disables the internet every 10 minutes?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matthew Patrick

Hi guys. My brother just reported that his AX56U (stock firmware) has the internet cut off every 10 minutes. He said that it turns on . It works fine for 10 minutes. Then the internet goes out and the internet led goes red. Reproduce able every single time. I just read and it seems to be linked to the corrupted asd that Asus sent out on 18/19 of May. I've seen some possible fixes and I'm just wondering if this is the confirmed and best way to fix it without wiping the router clean.

My plan is to come to his house. Turn it off. And turn it on. After it boots I'll go ASAP to the WebGUI. Enable ssh. And then ssh to do rm -rf /jffs/asd folder. And reboot. After it boots if there is an update for the firmware that's not applied I will apply it (since i just checked that there is a new 386.51xx stock firmware released for AX56U yesterday)

Will that fix it completely? Thank you!

On RT-AX56U a simple procedure was enough for me:
  1. Reboot
  2. Update firmware from 3.0.0.4.386.49380 to 3.0.0.4.386.51665
  3. Reboot
Done. Works fine.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!